Sleep Or Shut Down Poll

• I shut down my Mac after each use

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A previous post on this subject has inspired me to take a poll.

If you use your Mac almost every day, do you:

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Hard to vote in this one... My family and I, we let the Mac sleep when not in use during the day, but shut it down at night. So I don't shut it down after each use, but I don't always let my Mac sleep. Oh well, should be interesting to see the results of this poll.

·
Registered
454 Posts
This was also hard to answer for me. With my notebook macs, I obviously shut them down. Desktops always on, just turn the screen off, or let it sleep if its an all-in-one.

:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey there! I am a new Mac owner.....bought a 900Mhz iBook a few months ago. I have been just putting my Mac to sleep after using it....should I be shutting it down??????? I've never owned a laptop before and have no idea whether it is wise to always shut it down or if it is fine to let it sleep when not in use.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Zoweeguy - There have been several threads on this issue here on ehMac, and the general consensus comes down to personal preference. Shutting down after every use is good if you aren't using the computer for extended periods of time, but starting up again 5 minutes after you shut it down is a) hard on the computer b) time consuming for you. Though shutting off and starting back up is much harder on a computer then sleeping, the computer was designed to do such things and will handle it quite well, it just may mean your computer will only work 14 years and 364 days instead of a complete 15 years. (Numbers are made up, and just showing that the difference is rather insignificant).

·
Registered
691 Posts
At least you people have the choice. :mad:
If I put my tower to sleep it crawls upon wake.However,if I log out and in its fine. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts