Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
Given that the majority of site traffic is now comprised of bickering in the Everything Else subforum, there is zero chance the site owners will dispense with it, or over-monitor it--even if it drives away interest in the other actually useful forums, to some extent. It's just sad.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
It's just sad.

+1. It would be nice if they would at least allow a Site Volunteer or two to at least finish getting the new ehMac Webpages set up and working a bit better rather than just leaving it as a job that's only partly finished, that looks so amateurish and actually is hard to navigate and read properly.

I am sure there must be some well-qualified's Webpage Forum gurus among the members to get Everything Actually Finished and Set-Up Properly..

And maybe they or someone could get the email notifications to show they actually came from "ehmac.ca" rather than from some current-stupid-name that has no real association with the ehmac site name.

- Patrick
=======

·
peek-a-boo
16,511 Posts
Given that the majority of site traffic is now comprised of bickering in the Everything Else subforum, there is zero chance the site owners will dispense with it, or over-monitor it--even if it drives away interest in the other actually useful forums, to some extent. It's just sad.
Exactly. It’s been that way the past 7+ years, no reason to believe it’ll magically change keeping things the same.

·
Premium Member
42,471 Posts
If adults are interested in Apple technology and find something valuable on EhMac, there is a next-to-zero chance that they will cast an eye on other sections and run away shrieking because the tech threads have lost all value to them.

EhMac's weakness is that there are far better sources of Apple information on the 'net where you can get answers to even esoteric questions quickly. The idea that there are some tech forums on EhMac just waiting for the right conditions to blossom and attract hundreds of new users represents some high-grade hopium.

·
peek-a-boo
16,511 Posts
If adults are interested in Apple technology and find something valuable on EhMac, there is a next-to-zero chance that they will cast an eye on other sections and run away shrieking because the tech threads have lost all value to them.
But, that's precisely what happened though. You seemed to have forgotten the mass exodus while you and your cohorts jumped for joy when the moderators were all fired off the site, letting this place devolve into a cesspool of posts beginning with "hey Bigot!" and more. You and your pals had 7 years to prove everyone wrong.

And here we are. Arguing about how and why, when this place is deadsville, right in front of your face.

It is likely a little late to revive a long dead Mac forum. But you know what they say, insanity is...

Here's a quote from a member who was one of many who left after the mods were canned and the place headed into the toilet:
The Apple model is quality over quantity; I'm afraid the quality of discussion here has gone into the toilet.

It has served as a nice object lesson in why anarchy fails; it was a great community for many years with a team of moderators/mayor who rarely had to intervene (and occasionally intervened inappropriately). But when the mods left, it only took a few months to degenerate into the current cesspool of bullies and trolls.

Fortunately there are still plenty of other forums where active discussions of interesting topics abound.
this, exactly. Pretty much why this place is a ghost town. I find most forums that have headed into the toilet, and become ghost towns, never recover. Unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
42,471 Posts
Pure, pathetic hopium.

·
peek-a-boo
16,511 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,471 Posts
I don't really understand how the political threads would turn anyone away. You don't have to look at them or participate.
Some people just like the idea of control. They had their way with the heavily moderated Macmagic and Macdiscussions Canadian web communities and both of them died from lack of activity while EhMac keeps marching along. But they want to replicate their stellar success here.

Outside of that it seems civil and respectful for the tech side of things here. I don't think the political threads or any thread non apple related have pushed the mass numbers that used to frequent here away, the enthusiasm is gone, Apple itself is not the same company and is very off putting now with their rhetoric to a lot of people, myself included.
Absolutely. I still try to help people with technical questions, but with Apple pushing its business toward equipment that can't easily be opened, upgraded or reprogrammed those questions are becoming fewer and fewer. Most of them involve legacy equipment and operating systems. Possibly the most widely linked EhMac thread to outside forums involves a modification to a resistor inside the 30-inch Apple Cinema Display. Hexdiy will remember that one.

·
peek-a-boo
16,511 Posts
looks around at this toilet of a forum.

Seriously macfury, no one cares about your mewling. As evidenced by this ghost town. There’s really only one reason this place still has a ‘web address’, which you seem proud of. There’s a 20 year huge database of posts all indexed to pull search hits for ad impressions.

Unfortunately the last 7 years of you and your bully pals systematically clearing this place, have contributed almost zero to that resource, (besides toxic nonsense crap), so much of the info is fast becoming less and less relevant. 👏👏👏

I didn’t see you posting about apples event today, so if you really were such a great contributor as you imply, why are you wasting your breath here trolling?

oh right.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts