Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Community Members,

We are currently looking for new volunteers to join our team of dedicated site moderators. Our ideal candidate is dependable, reliable and willing to help all members of the community. Our moderators are leaders within the community and our community members will be reliant on you for advice and knowledge.

You will be expected to help prevent and remove spam or other unwanted activity within the forum while helping new members. As a moderator, you will be working closely with the other moderators to keep the forums friendly and inviting to the community.

We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
  • Participated in the forum for at least 1 year
  • Frequent posts and replies with other members in the forum
  • No history of rules violations

If you meet our expectations and are willing to continue to actively participate in the forum, we would like to discuss joining our team of volunteers. Feel free to contact us directly or reply to this thread to submit your candidacy.

Please note, we only have a select number of openings available at this time. We may consider others for future openings when they become available.

Your Community Management Team

·
peek-a-boo
17,324 Posts
Interesting. I thought a couple here thought it was a grand idea to get rid of the good moderators we had. But then it allowed them to harass and run whatever good members were left here til this place was pretty much a ghost town. Which was too bad this used to be a great community.

Well the “Shang” thread is still a great civil place, which was what drew me back to contribute, though a few think it’s terrible. Unfortunate.

personally, I’d ban political/religious threads altogether. Who needs it? Any of the few busier forums still running today don’t allow them for good reason, and is more inviting to people.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Old member from over the big pond ( Flanders, Europe) chiming in again:
EHMac used to give thorough technical advice. That is how I found you in the 1st place.
When it watered down to political quabbling, I just gave up.

Was just checking in right now, will keep this up for awhile and see how things turn out.
Amazed at the revamping you've been doing, nice!

Would like to meet some of my old friends here, though...

Good luck!

·
peek-a-boo
17,324 Posts
It’s always the same story here. They let a political troll run the place pretty much and it just keeps people away. I tried to say it 7 years ago and I got jumped on so I left. I came back here recently and it’s still going at it. Nothing will change, no moderators will solve it. This is a technology site not some political trolls personal dumping ground. They should just light a match on ‘those threads’ as they accomplish zero.

·
Premium Member
16,008 Posts
Bumping this as we are looking for moderators for this community.

Good grief... 😏 Does this mean that there is going to be some sort of civility in the future for this site or at least a lot of the threads??? 😏

Maybe it can get back to where it used to be and as a very useful Mac help site for Canadians but it seems that most of the good Mac Gurus left quite a while ago, but let's hope some changes will get some of them back.

Both would be a very nice and welcome change.

- Patrick
=======

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.