Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Spark ME is an AMAZING program. Particularly so, given that it is FREE.

We've already made a few recordings using our iMac and an iMic adapter, and the editing of sound files is dead-simple. There _could_ be a more comprehensive manual (you have to go to the company's website to download a PDF that gives a _little_ more info than the one that came with the download).

Still, for a simple two-track, wavelength-visible, cut-and-paste audio editor, SparkME is just faaaabulous! :D

M

·
Registered
23 Posts
does anyone know of a simple recording program that will allow me to make small files (aif/mp3 approx. 10 seconds in length)

???

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
not having d/l'ed the app yet, but what is Spark ME's native recording format?

Here's another Q?: if I were to record a 20 min sound file - what would I use to put markers in? so that when I burn the file, I have actual tracks?

[ May 04, 2003, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Ohenri ]

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
ohenry, I'm far away from the iMac we use at the moment, so cannot check to see if I'm right in this, but I believe the file format is OMD, a universal file format for audio.

As for the question of Markers.... I haven't a clue, as that's not something I've had to do yet. I do know that during recording, SparkME seems to detect quiet spots and break up the recording into segments (audio detect?). In any case, you can cut/copy segments as standalone tracks, and create a playlist. That playlist is used when you click the "burn to CD" button, which launches Toast or whatever is the default CD burning utility on your system.

M.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
OMD?? Anyone care to define this? 1st time I hear of this. No the audio pro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts