Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some experience w/ these??

I have a key - my left ⌘ key - which isn't secure, and i believe the mechanism might be busted. But I thought that I might be able to drop a cover on it and keep it together etc. Does that even make any sense?? Do they feel decent?

But the messy key - despite having one on the right - is totally messing up my work flow. ha.

thx

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
They feel like crap to type on, and it's not going to fix a broken mechanism. Take your computer to an Apple Store or AASP - they'll probably fix it for free.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
I've used them in the (distant) past - perhaps they've improved in materials / durability, but I also found them a pain to type on.... anyone who is a touch-typist will likely find them burdensome.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for feedback. Ya, I'm going to Apple in the next few minutes in fact. Going to see if I can fit in on a cancelled / no show appt, and see what they say about it. I won't be able to function w/o this key getting fixed. ;)

These new covers to look pretty think though. The 1st time i saw one, i actually thought it was a 3rd party KB. NO sign of any add-on look...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts