Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Seems to me I mentioned this annoyance some time ago.

I use Safari MacOS 10.13.6. Always get the captcha after 24 hours.

Clearing the caches doesn’t help. Logging out, I can log in with no captcha.

Not willing to switch browsers.

I use OnyX at Patrick’s suggestion. Standard maintenance doesn’t seem to affect the captcha. OnyX has been so good, I’m reluctant to try anything else. (Bad experience with MacKeeper.) Have EtreCheckPro; haven’t used it.

I live in Thailand. Maybe it’s something about foreign IPs?

Back to captcha every 24 hours.

·
Used to be Tilt
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I spoke too soon. I got the captcha request just now.

I am not willing to keep emptying my cache and history every few days. Fix the damned issue now.

·
Premium Member
16,117 Posts
I am not willing to keep emptying my cache and history every few days. Fix the damned issue now.
Have you tried some of the other web suggestions to fix the problem???

Maybe go through and try some of the suggestions from here:

And there are several hits with these and others at:

Hopefully, you can find some that fit your particular situation and you might want to contact your own ISP In case they could possibly help you with some other suggestions or maybe even supply you with a syatic IP address you could use with your Mac.

An annoying problem that doesn't seem to have any easy fix if one is going to continue using the Internet and a browser.

BTW: do you not have a similar problem with other internet websites???

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
278 Posts
Patrick, although you addressed this to Tilt, I can reply that, after a day away, it took at Captcha to get here! No other websites but ehMac. I'll check out your links. I am, in fact, using Google's DNS as well as my local ISP but I have no idea if the IPs are static or dynamic. Thx.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts