Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, good day to you all.
I have a first gen macbook white. It's been just over a year since I purchased it and I love it so far. However recently it's been showing some signs of age. First of all palm rest area is dirty now and it won't clean up. And there is this bottom case issue. Near the bent, there seems to be hairline cracks. I think the coating(?) is cracking up due to heat around the bent.

Now, I have bought Applecare and was wondering if these issues are worth getting serviced. I know the discolorization problem is covered by Applecare, but not so sure about the bottom case issue. ALthough I've always cared my macbook carefully technicions would simply assume otherwise.

I just want to know what you guys think before I bring my macbook in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I got my topcase replaced for the discolouration issue, even though my MacBook isn't part of the series that is known to have the problem (they check your serial number). I'm not sure about the bottom case though, but I'm sure someone will be nice enough to hear you out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi, good day to you all.
I have a first gen macbook white. It's been just over a year since I purchased it and I love it so far. However recently it's been showing some signs of age. First of all palm rest area is dirty now and it won't clean up. And there is this bottom case issue. Near the bent, there seems to be hairline cracks. I think the coating(?) is cracking up due to heat around the bent.

Now, I have bought Applecare and was wondering if these issues are worth getting serviced. I know the discolorization problem is covered by Applecare, but not so sure about the bottom case issue. ALthough I've always cared my macbook carefully technicions would simply assume otherwise.

I just want to know what you guys think before I bring my macbook in.
Did you bought you Applecare before the end of your first year?

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
They'll fix the discolouration for sure.

The Cracks... I dunno -- they may find a way to say that those are "user Error" ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to let everyone know, I took it in and the technician sent a pic of the bottom case and sent to Apple. About a week has gone by and I just received a phone call saying that the bottom case will be replaced! So if your beloved macbook is showing similar problems, don't hesitate to take it in : )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.