Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
When I had a Wintel box, WordPerfect was the only choice for an office suite and it was about the only thing I missed when I switched to a Mac. Making MS Word the official suite for my school board this past year continues to cause staff problems as they look for workarounds for lost formatting. Personally though.I'm only anxious about Painter. Version 7 was a misery that I never got working properly. The free trial download crashed on startup. When I tried out version 8 I immediately placed my order. It works and the new interface is a huge step forward. IMHO this is a unique program for illustrators and it's potential loss is a real concern. :rolleyes:

I like WP, and I much much prefer it to Word. I'm terribly disappointed that Corel has not paid any attention to the Mac version.

Watch for Corel to be bought and stripped of its assets and folded. Some one mentioned to me that the offer was actually less than the assets of the company, meanign the company will be worth more disposed of, then as an active company.

Dr. Mike really pounded the pooch while he was at the helm.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.