Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how much of a shipping cost there is from the US apple store. I could not find that info on the website

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Apple will not ship to a Canadian address from their US store. You have to use the store at Apple.ca. As for the shipping price, I just checked and Apple's offering free upgraded shipping. Details (cut and pasted):

All qualifying orders placed and shipped between 12/18 and 12/27 qualify for free upgraded shipping.
Orders placed on the Canada Consumer, Canada Education Individual, Canada Corporate EPP and related individual stores qualify for this shipping upgrade.
Canada Institution and Canada Reseller do not qualify for this offer.
To determine the anticipated date of delivery for suburban areas, customers should note the availability of each product at check out and add 5-7 business days shipping.
Electronic software downloads do not qualify for this offer.
Apple is not liable for delays that are beyond Apple's control.
All products and availability are subject to change.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could I have it shipped to someone in the states and then pick it up there?

·
Registered
609 Posts
They'd have to buy it, or you'd have to have a credit card with a billing address in US. Many retailers also ask that billing/shipping address be the same. Have you checked online for the same item outside of the US Apple Store?

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my my brother goes to school in michigan, and its cheaper through the US store, I would have it sent to his place in michigan. I would have to have someone with a US billing address pay for it even though he is a Canadian paying for it going to school in the US?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Don't forget that you have to declare and pay duty and taxes on what you purchase state-side. Sneaking it in to Canada to save a few bucks comes with risks. If you're buying a G5 and one of those cinema displays, the risk is rather high...whereas an iPod would be relatively less risky...but then you'd be saving no much more than about $30 at the expense of gas, time, and the chance that some customs guard named Billy-Bob can have his way with you. :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
The short answer is yes, if you manage to have it ordered/sent to a US address it's pretty straightforward.

For the most part, shipping is free or comparitively low from Apple; unlike companies like Dell who advertise what amounts to cost prices on the web and then hit you with a shipping cost which contains all the profit ($120 for a 10-day ground shipped laptop, for example).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts