Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so apparently I am pretty hard on my phone.... I hurt my baby yesterday, and it pains me to the core of my soul. I have been an iPhone 3G user for about 2 years now and I am already on my second phone... (First one cracked near the connector and thus wouldn't charge) ... and now the glass on my second one shattered when I dropped it (although the Rogers Rep thought it had been run over... pretty extensive breakage for a drop)...

So my dilemma.... Do I pay to have the glass repaired now (at an estimated $100+) or live with the shattered glass and wait to upgrade my phone when the iPhone 4 comes out in a few weeks (estimated upgrade $2-300?). I am at an eligible point in my contract to upgrade if I extend my contract for 3 years, which is fine... and I was wanting to upgrade to a phone with a larger storage capacity anyways...

I have heard that the iPhone 4 might be getting mixed reviews (the send/rcv function transmitting from all sides of the phone so when you are talking your hands cut out the signal? seems odd to me). If I fix the glass what are the chances of turning around and selling a refurbished Black iPhone 3G 8GB iPhone?

Just looking for some input/ suggestions. (And maybe a little sympathy when you look at the picture and see the broken glass ... which is reflecting my broken heart ='( - yes I am being very dramatic through this tragedy!)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
If the LCD still works fine, you just need a new digitizer/glass assembly. Buy one on eBay for about $15. Comes with all the tools you need, and assembly is actually pretty simple. Check the videos on YouTube and see what you think.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it anything like replacing the back of the iPhone...? Cuz I googled that last year when I broke my last iPhone, and it was ridiculously complicated and I wouldn't even begin to consider attempting anything like that.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Do you have an old phone? If so, put your iPhone SIM in that and use that phone until the iPhone 4 comes out - then upgade. I wouldn't pay $100 to use a phone for a couple of weeks. Or ask around if someone you know has an old Rogers phone.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts