Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder that the team ehMac Seti group is always looking for new members, if you are interested here is the place to go to learn more. Or perhaps you are a member and have been inactive now is the time to crunch some WU's again. :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
oh yah baby, still sittin at #5 :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know M, I tried the Folding Project but was not really satisfied with the support/software that was available. As compared with the support/software which is available for Seti. This is not intended to discredit [email protected] in any way, it is solely my own opinion. So my trial was shortlived and I returned to Seti. Once again it is the ability to choose and to participate which I think is the important thing here. Good luck and who knows we may meet again on another team/group in the future.
:D :D

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Just curious. I know that Capucine is the founder of the ehMac Seti team but I don't see her on the boards anymore? I miss her photography (and her posts) Does anyone know what happened to her. She used to be an ehMac official.

·
Registered
507 Posts
With me having switched over to a powerbook, it makes contributing impractical (since the book sleeps a lot etc). However, I hope to be purchasing a G5 after MWSF 2004; this will help me to push my account stats closer to 10-yrs Computing time
Heck, maybe i'll break the 10,000 WUs barrier...

N.

·
Left The Building
8,376 Posts
Hmm. I'll definitely think about it!

I've been running [email protected] on my Windoze box(es) at work for just under 2.5 years. I've got 828 work units completed; my stats say I've completed more work units than 94.982% of users. :D

Currently I'm averaging 1 work unit every 16 hours or so on my WinXP box at work (AMD Athlon XP1700+, 1GB RAM, hot enough to fry eggs & noisy enough to scare kittens).

Last evening I installed [email protected] on my Dual G5 at home (Panther, stock 512 MB RAM, just-warm, virtually silent) under the same account I'm using at work, just to see how it would do. My G5 completed 1 work unit in about 3.5 hours, even with Mail, iTunes, Safari, and other apps in use. Astonishing & gratifying, ooh la la...

·
Left The Building
8,376 Posts
I didn't know it was possible but all I did was install the software on my G5 at home; when you connect, you can specify the creation of a new account, or use an existing one.

I input my info for the account I've been using at work and presto! it just worked. Now I've got 2 machines sending/receiving data files using the same account. No problems that I'm aware of...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.