Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I guess hoping for iPhone for Canada would be too much..?? :D
Too much I think ;)

Anyway, not really interested as far as I'm concern!

But an iPod with full screen and wifi-Internet embedded will beat any requirement I can have. I, so far, have the impression the iPod will not come with Internet capability...

·
Registered
613 Posts
What are the odds, in addition to the obvious new iPods, that other countries (say Canada for one) will be getting movies and tv shows on the iTunes store?
Would be really welcome. It's been, what, 2 years now in the USA (for TV show) and one year or film.

·
Registered
613 Posts
And what about a new TV with more advanced capability?

·
Registered
370 Posts
What are the odds, in addition to the obvious new iPods, that other countries (say Canada for one) will be getting movies and tv shows on the iTunes store?
Well, the UK just got some TV Shows added to their catalogue.... However, this was simply quietly done, with no particular Apple event fanfare.

The ratings that have been in place since iTunes 7.1 (under "Preferences->Parental") would seem to indicate that they are definitely planning to bring video content into other countries... My guess is that it's still a matter of working out the details with the various entities that are involved.

Bottom line, though, is that it's fairly obvious this event is going to be all about the iPod.... The timing is spot-on for a new iPod release, and the format of the invitation makes it pretty obvious.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I Can't wait. Is there anyway to watch it on tv? or do I have to wait for apple to post is on their site?
Just had an idea. It'd be pretty cool if Apple had their own "channel" which was available exclusively on AppleTV where they could broadcast keynotes or special events like this. When not broadcasting live events it could present an archive of previous broadcasts. I think it would be a very attractive value-add for AppleTV, especially for us Mac geeks. :)

Of course the channel would eventually be hacked and made available to all, at which point Apple would likely have to start charging for it.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,299 Posts
Well, the UK just got some TV Shows added to their catalogue.... However, this was simply quietly done, with no particular Apple event fanfare.
Why is Canada always last to get something. We're spitting distance from the US, we get their TV channels here, and then when we go to their TV channel's (ABC, NBC, WB, etc.) website to see the content they advertise on TV we get LOCKED OUT. RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Why is Canada always last to get something. We're spitting distance from the US, we get their TV channels here, and then when we go to their TV channel's (ABC, NBC, WB, etc.) website to see the content they advertise on TV we get LOCKED OUT. RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr.
That's quite annoying, especially when the SciFi (NBC Universal) channel films their shows in Canada, and then blocks us out. I would actually purchase TV shows on iTunes if it was available, but if I miss a show, downloading it from not so legal places is pretty much all I can do.

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,299 Posts
I would actually purchase TV shows on iTunes if it was available, but if I miss a show, downloading it from not so legal places is pretty much all I can do.
That reminds me... I missed the 2 hour season finale of Veronica Mars... I'll have to see if I can find it someplace.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.