Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

Anyone know of a way to send a meeting invite in an HTML layout?

[it is then saved into an Outlook OFT template file, ugh]

The Mac is smart - I pasted an iCal .ics file into an html layout and mailed it, it worked.

The PC is dumb - I cannot get the same result from the PC. I put the HTML together, mailed to a PC box we have here for testing, assembled it as an Outlook OFT file, but when I sent it, the same URL does not work the way it did on the Mac.

Alternately, is there a way to get an HTML layout into a Outlook meeting notification e-mail? It appears as though the content window is for plain text only.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts
Are you trying a mass mailer or one at a time??

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI MacDoc, this is for a client to customize their event information and send to their contacts in their address book, usually only a handful of people.

Thx.

·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts
So sending from Outlook on a PC?? or??

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, yes, this would be sent from Outlook on a PC. The design and html layout work is done on Macs. The html is then sent to our token lonely little PC thingie for testing and copied and pasted into Outlook as an html layout. Problem is, a meeting invite is an .ics file that can be attached but does not appear to be any way to embed it. I can create an html file with the .ics file embedded and it shows up as a link - this is perfect - but this does not come across on the PC. Someone suggested a vcs calendar file, I am trying that, though it does not appear to be any different. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts
I'm the wrong guy to help then.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, here's what we ended up doing...

Set up a meeting in Outlook on the PC, sent meeting notification to me on my Mac, took the .ics file that was attached and posted it in a web directory, created the html e-mail layout in GoLive with link to the hosted .ics file, ported the html over to the PC into Outlook, saved as OFT template, and voila, html layout with meeting notification. The recipient clicks the link and the .ics file loads into their calendar in Outlook or open iCal on the Mac.

Don't applaud, just throw money! ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts