·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

Went to granville Island area this morning to see the new
www.segwaybc.com
Store.

I reserved 4 segway's for tommorrow afternoon to rent for the afternoon.

they are so cool looking and the guys there today renting them were having an absolute ball:)

I'll revisit this tommorrow night and let you all know how they are to ride and enjoy.

BTW: The MAC in all of this is only linked through 1 very important investor
MR. JOBS

Parousia

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
The great It? I've never seen one, there was the huge hoopla about how it would radically reform the world, but I haven't heard anything about it since the release reviews and praise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We were in Disneyworld in October, and saw some of the staff at the hotel ride them around the grounds. I had to pull my wife out of the room to show her I was so excited. My son and her shrugged it off, but I was like a 5 year old meeting Mickey!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I belive the Segway was the much-rumoured "Ginger" project of a few years back. Only the rumours said that it was gonna be a "hover-board". These were not made up rumours either. When I finally saw the segway, I was very disapointed, however, they are incredably cool.

I mean, I still want one :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hmm...looks like Stevie was involved in this more than I thought:

That face look familier?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I really dont like putting a negative spin on topics but am I the only one who is shocked at just how lazy people are getting?
For all intense purposes,these things are designed to reduce the amount of walking people have to do.As far as I can see people barely do any walking as is.How is this a good thing? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I'm so with Sputnik here. I love walking. I mean, with a fresh pair of New Balance of Nike Shox, and fully loaded iPod, what more do you need? And all of that @ fraction of the $$ of a 'Human Transporter'. I was born with 2 of them - legs.

And let me ask this (esp for you BC cats): What do you do when it starts raining? (god knows it rains out there) Can you hold an umbrella AND operate the segway? I can see it now - fender benders caused by Segway cats holding their umbrellas at the same time. :D

There are no legal issues in walking, no light gray areas - nothing. Man... if anyone from GTA is reading this, I have oft done the Queen and Bathurst to Bay and Bloor walk - then to Yonge - all the way down to Queen, and back to Bathurst - all on foot. And had a great time.

People do not realize how healthy walking is...

alright, I'm out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are so right........

I mean what use is a device that costs 5cents in energy for every 20km driven when you can continue to
warm our enviroment using our own cars!!!!!!!

The device while now a bit of a tourist draw is really about changing the way that we transport ourselves around a city....
there are those that will not ride their bike and this while today is an expensive solution, tommorrow will be affordable enough to significantly change the way we commute and pollute in cities.

Parousia.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I dont think either of our responses were in relation to polution ect. but if you want to focus on that it just wont be a reality.Way to many things against the idea.Besides,I think people had the chance to sample 1 person transport when the scooter was invented and look how popular those are.
What MY point is is that people are lazy enough as is.Lets give people yet another reason to not get up and us their legs.
I dont think polution is good,but I also dont think that wheels replacing legs is either.

·
Registered
259 Posts
www.leki.com

Put some extra zip in your step, as well as giving your arms a workout. The Leki Super Makalu poles are pretty sweet -- $200 -- just ordered them the other day. People will probably think I'm crazy when I walk with them in town, but I just don't give a damn. :cool: Yet again -- think different, time to innovate my walking experience.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
There was a rumor that there was going to be an experimental run with these urban transports in one of the toughest year-round urban environments in the northern hemisphere -- St.John's, NL. If one of these Segway's can make it a year on the streets of St.John's, they can make it anywhere!!! We have more than our fair share of the snow, slush, rain, potholes, wind, rain, fog, rain, wind and fog, fog and rain, sun and snow, slush and sun, sun and rain, fog and ......................well, you get the picture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.