Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Care to do another sort based upon total word count? How about one based on relevance to real issues? (BTW-I don't think this would affect Posterboy...but it might cast a few of the others in a different category)

Interesting that myself and PosterBoy are the two highest "scores" on the list you supplied. We are BOTH from Salt Spring Island....a place that cannot possibly figure into any sort of demographic survey because of its tiny causality footprint. What're the chances...really?

So...what's up with that? A coincidence? A trend? An anomaly? A genetic pattern indicator? Something sociological? An evironmental influence??

What gives?

And what do you make of the fact that Posterboy and I have NEVER actually met each other? Outside of a four-minute phone conversation...we have had NO contact outside of this forum. Despite the fact that we seem to be the dominant forces at ehMac according to this particular list....and are BOTH from a tiny island that is only ten km long and two km wide.

And..yet...we have, between us, far more posts than anyone else. More, individually than anyone else, as well. More so, even than the esteemed Mayor who set up the forum.

Wierd, eh? Is it a coincidence...or is it kharma...or are we plotting to take over the world? Are Salt Springers a dominant force on his planet...or are we just people in need of an actual life?

Comments?

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
BTW...I just went over jfpoole's list again. I noticed that there are several dozen (perhaps a hundred or more) ehMac people who have NEVER posted a single comment!

Please speak up! I, for one, would really like to have your input. I suspect that a LOT of the rest of us would as well.

C'mon now....don't be shy. Tell us all what you think. I'm serious. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Woo hoo! I made the top 15! :D ;)

I hope this may be an ongoing kinda thing (auto-updating and stuff).

Thanks for doing this work jfpoole!!

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macnutt:
Interesting that myself and PosterBoy are the two highest "scores" on the list you supplied. We are BOTH from Salt Spring Island....a place that cannot possibly figure into any sort of demographic survey because of its tiny causality footprint. What're the chances...really?

So...what's up with that? A coincidence? A trend? An anomaly? A genetic pattern indicator? Something sociological? An evironmental influence??

What gives?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the answer! macnutt is lying about the beautiful weather in Salt Spring Island. It's actually just terrible outside, so he stays in and posts his thoughts to ehMac. :D

I knew it (the weather) sounded to good to be true out there in SSI. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Maybe if I come up with some worthwhile comments to contribute, i can improve my 30th place to a top 20 position.
Of course my posts are a combination of helpful advice, and sarcastic comments .
Did you notice Trevor morris is still in the top 20 even though he never posted in about what 6 or 8 months?

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Ooooooo... just made it into the TOP 20. Not bad.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Interesting.

Does this mean we will have more posts from Dr. G. to balance the east coast islands with the west coast isle of paradise?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
"God guard thee Newfoundland." (from the "Ode to Newfoundland", which was the national anthem until Britain took away self-government in 1933).

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
jfpoole, did you know that your list cannot be viewed in Netscape, only IE?

As well, did you mean "prolific", which is a term that is utilized to mean a "great amount", instead of "prodigious", which is usually utilized when describing size and volume?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Lotus, I am sorry, but the "Ode to Newfoundland" was a way to say that we here on the eastern edge of Canada "stand on guard" to post our fair share. As Churchill said, "Never have so few posted so often to so many, and never said a thing that made much sense." He was a great prime minister, but his idea to conscript all of the doxies in England and send them over as covert spies during WW II was somewhat of a strange idea.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dr.G, I use Netscape and was just about to give up and I noticed something at the far right hand of the screen. There it was completely at the very far right.

I thought maybe my iMac was crazy.
because some of the posts go way beyond the right of my screen. Now I know I have not lost my mind.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Macnutt, unless there are 1200+ names regsitered - I highly doubt that they all posted. A very low % of cats do post compared to the ones that simply come through for espionage (LOL).

BTW, if you do have that much time, I would love to send you some of my Fall 03 orders to input into Excel sheets when they come in dude. ;) Holla at cha boy! :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Lotus, as the old saying goes, "Ooopps!" Score one for the home team. I never thought of going far right......on the screen, or in my political views. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I see MacNutt is hot on PB's heels for number one poster.

I'm glad I squeezed into the top 25! :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Lotus, which iMac do you own? I am about to order the newest iMac (as soon as the person who is able to place the order comes back from her illness). I have used an iMac that was purchased in Dec. and I am pleased with the screen. PosterBoy suggested that I go with 800 X 600 stretched, and it was a joy to behold for these old and tired eyes of mine.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dr.G, I am sorry, but my little old iMac was one of the first. I don't know if it is a rev A or B. Maybe some one knows when the B's came out, mine was Oct 28, 1998 and it was discontinued in Jan.'99.

It is old but I have lots of memory and it does everything I need it to do.

I'm sure you will be happy with your new Mac.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr.G.:
PosterBoy suggested that I go with 800 X 600 stretched, and it was a joy to behold for these old and tired eyes of mine.<HR></blockquote>

I would also suggest 1024x768 stretched, as you would get a little more workspace, or one of the non stretched resolutions. I think I was referring to the stretched ones when I was talking about video mirroring though. I can't really remember.

One thing to consider: Macnutt spends a whole lot more time in the [Canadian Kitchen] than I do, and will probably surpass me sooner than later. Take a look at the war related threads if you don't believe me.

jfpoole: how was this list accomplished? Just written to look over the ehMac user database and make a list accordingly? In which language?

--PB

[edit: said wrong forum]

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
macnutt wrote:
Care to do another sort based upon total word count?

Because we already know you would be first?

--PB

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
PosterBoy, whatever the resolution you suggested, you did mentioned the "stretched" function. As I said, this is idea for my vision needs and I can always go to other resolutions depending on the need (e.g., non-text related video editing, etc). Thanks anyway for pointing me in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts