Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I make it so that screen shots show up in the format I want, and not PDF!
I would like to do this via Terminal if I can, I have enough extra software and tweaks already!

ThanX

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
I am not aware of a way to do this. At one time TinkerTool allowed you to select the format of you grabs, but that option died with Jag. I would assume SnapZ Pro would allow you to do this still.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,140 Posts
I don't think there's a command line fix unfortunately for 10.2 (although it shouldn't be hard). In the meantime, you can save the Screenshot as PDF and then open in Preview and save as one of about 8 different formats including jpg and tiff. Not ideal...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use Snapz Pro X which is included with OS X. It's fantastic; it takes shots of everything: open windows, full screen, an accurate selection rectangle, and even movies or animated gifs! Yes, I can also choose which format to save it in: tiff, jpeg, etc. It should be in the Applications folder of OS X.

·
Registered
433 Posts
what the hell. i didn't get snapz pro x bundled with my mac. i noticed that on my friend new tower the other week. i want snapz pro!!!

Phil

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Hello,

RtC is correct and it's quite simple.

Also, "f you want the picture saved on the Clipboard, hold down the Control (ctrl) key with the keys shown above." (Mac Help)

If you do this you can easily paste it into another program.

James

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know of all the solutions provided here, but as mentioned before, I do not want to use another application, I want to stick with my CMD+SHIFT+3 (Or 4) and have it go into .tiff format by itself.
Having to open evrything in preview, as simple as it is, is not very productive when I am taking many screen shots.

Anybody a UNIX Geek here?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pras:
I use Snapz Pro X which is included with OS X.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Snapz Pro X is not included with OS X, it is a shareware software created by Ambrosia Software. makers of fine Mac OS shareware since Maelstrom!

:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.