Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
I keep a bottle of Meguiars PLASTX handy. Bought it at Canadian Tire. It is made for plastic, and one bottle will last you an entire lifetime. The iPod specialty stuff is the same stuff, if not inferior to this. Just over priced.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Brasso is probably better for metal, but if it is brushed, make sure you go with the grain and not circular. It is a time consuming process, so be patient. If the scratch is really deep, learn to just live with it. Good luck.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Brasso is probably better for metal, but if it is brushed, make sure you go with the grain and not circular. It is a time consuming process, so be patient. If the scratch is really deep, learn to just live with it. Good luck.
I agree with Carl brushed aluminum is hard to to get back to it's original finish
I think with any paste polish you tend to put a sheen on the surface your working. I may consider a modeling brass brush and slowly work the area. Then if it's a deep scratch thats tough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.