Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Email Sent to me:
since the shipper will be coming for the pick up at your residence ,the check will include your item fee and the shipper's funds and all you have to do is to send the shipper's funds to them via western union money transfer after you received the check.....kindly forward your payment details for immediate payment issuance
basically, I get sent a cheque for the item + shipping. Then, I have to send money to the shipping company after I cash the cheque. i know this has scam written all over it but how does it work? I don't see how I can't just wait till the cheque bounces or gets cashed....

The emailer is: Sophia & David Howard <[email protected]>, FYI.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info.

I knew it was a scam right off the bat... but I dont get how this one works. Who in the right mind would ship the item before the cheque cleared?

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
thanks for the info.

I knew it was a scam right off the bat... but I dont get how this one works. Who in the right mind would ship the item before the cheque cleared?
Well exactly.
You (and the other people who THINK they are being prudent) will wait 7 - 10 days like their bank suggests for the cheque to clear. In the mean time, they will be getting increasingly anxious emails about "when are you going to ship my X?"

So you ship on day 11. Then on day 30 your bank receives the item back from the original bank because it was a stolen cheque that was altered, or a forgery. You lose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts