Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish there'd be a way to have the Safari's Downloads windows to always be on top (when Safari is the active app) when there are active downloads. Maybe add some transparency option to it.

I wonder if there's a place over at apple where you can submit recommendation.

I'm curious if any of you guys would find that feature usefull.

Coming from the Windows world, I do find that a centralized place from downloads is a great idea, but I think it could be improved.

I'm sure I could code an app that would do the above recomendation, but first I need to learn the Cocoa API (I'm a Win32/MFC/ATL coder... ), plus if Apple would do it, everyone would benefit from it.

-Volt.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
That is brilliant

A transparent Downloads window.

I find I always like to see the download start but then the window is in the way of all my other surfing.

And while your at it can you also code a transparent Entourage Progress window. For all the same reasons.

;) Email me when your done.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Voltaic:

I wonder if there's a place over at apple where you can submit recommendation.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not hit the bug button and send it in to Apple. I'm sure they'd take recommendations via the bug feedback.

I like the idea. You can always have a preference option to turn it on and off.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I just wish the downloads window showed up in the Safari dock context menu (if that's what that menu is actually called).

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Nearly jfpoole... its contextual menu instead of context menu if I'm not mistaken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts