Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am learning how to use the tangerine IMac and it's software. I have 10.3.9

1. My computer is losing connection to the internet, after I put it to sleep, and when I awaken it, I cannot connect to the net.

I have to disconnect my modem and reboot to get it connected to the net.

Why? This happened twice in a row,

2. I want to use Appleworks.

a. it defaults on helvitica and I want to use ariel or some other font and everytime I change it to what I want, it reverts back to helvitica.

b. when i do get something typed on it how do i save it, where and how do I find it.

:mad:

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
Mod. note

You should post this in the troubleshooting area, you will get more response :)
Et voila....

Since the OP is new, I've sent a private message in case he goes looking for the thread, and left a redirect in the subforum where originally posted.

·
Registered
223 Posts
To find your file after saving it in Appleworks, open Appleworks and go to the file menu where you should see Save As (apple-shift-s). If you click or select that a Save window should open and you should be able to see where your documents are being saved. I would expect it would be in your Documents folder but that would only be a guess.

To change the preferences for which font to default to again open Appleworks, select the Appleworks menu choose preferences, choose General and then you should see default font change it to what you want click Make Default and then OK and you should be good to go.

I am not sure about the modem thing, have you checked for driver updates or firmware updates for your iMac. Just some ideas.

Mark

P.S. Welcome to ehMac.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To Mark G.

Thanks for the answers on Safari, and Appleworks.

I will get to work on that. I hope to understand how the computer, and software work soon.

The books I got from the library are of limited help.

David Pelly

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Protecting My Mac

My problem with freezing is less now, but it still does happen.

This ehmac forum is confusing to me.

I could not find a way to make a new post?

I could not find the troubleshooting area?

Anyone explain how this place works?

so I clicked on reply to get in .

How do I best protect my iMac computer from someone breaking in and spying, or taking it over, or monitoring what I am doing?

All that kind of stuff?

David

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Click on the little cartoon of ehMac on the top of any page which will take you to the forums section:

http://www.ehmac.ca/forum.php

You can select your proper area from there. Click on the forum, then on a thread and you can post by using the controls at the bottom of the page.

Bookmark it as your ehMac start page. ;)

Welcome aboard!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts