Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Private browsing just means you disable the history function, right?

I guess the implication is that you don't want anyone to see the sexy sites you may or may not be visiting - I'm trying to be diplomatic here and no assertions are being cast.

·
Premium Member
18,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. Being interested in personal privacy suddenly leads one to be branded a pervert. Says something about the mentality of some people. It's that attitude, prevalent among certain wingnuts in positions of power, that lead to the ever-eroding private space we should be able to enjoy.

And, yeah, a :ptptptptp to those who, rather than offering helpful technical advice decided instead to make juvenile comments. Put those under "Everything Else" if you wish, and leave this thread for those who have something useful to contribute.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Wow. Being interested in personal privacy suddenly leads one to be branded a pervert. Says something about the mentality of some people. It's that attitude, prevalent among certain wingnuts in positions of power, that lead to the ever-eroding private space we should be able to enjoy.

And, yeah, a :ptptptptp to those who, rather than offering helpful technical advice decided instead to make juvenile comments. Put those under "Everything Else" if you wish, and leave this thread for those who have something useful to contribute.
Yowza! For a second there I thought I was on a PC message board!
Yes, I was just kidding around. And yes, I still think it's funny! Juvenile or not, just think of the possible reasons you want to privately browse... yeah that first one that pops up, it's the first one for everybody! So I thought I'd make a witty one word joke out of it.

I didn't mean to offend you, but man you gotta lighten up, someone with tech advice will be along to help you shortly, in the meantime? SMILE!

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
I for one thought you were kidding with your initial post - but that's mostly because ehMacers tend to be a friendly bunch.
However, you should have used a smilie to make it clear - that's what the're there for.

·
Premium Member
18,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...you should have used a smilie to make it clear - that's what the're there for.
Exactly! Sheesh! Don't people in here know by now that without the quintessential smiley, some of the wingnuts will overreact? I mean - c'mon!

...oh... waitaminute.... aw, crap. *I* started this thread..... :rolleyes:

M

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Exactly! Sheesh! Don't people in here know by now that without the quintessential smiley, some of the wingnuts will overreact? I mean - c'mon!

...oh... waitaminute.... aw, crap. *I* started this thread..... :rolleyes:

M
:)

I'm beginning to quit smoking, so if you see something REALLY rash on here, forgive me in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts