Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have the latest OS and all software is up to date. Up until the update, I was able to access midi files directly in Safari. As of the Mavericks update all I get when I click on a midi file is Missing Plugin. I looked for a plugin that I could install but haven't found anything. I believe the midi used to be run by the quicktime plug in but that doesn't seem to be the case any more.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and, if so, have you discovered a solution?

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

Mike

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
It seems from some forums etc. that midi playback pretty well disappeared with ML and it's really gone kaput from what I can see and read with Mavericks.

In my trials, they all worked with SL, sometimes with a page with the QT icon, but they played with a click.

In Mavericks, I get the QT icon on a page but a ? mark on top and nothing happens, even when clicked.

Something else that Mavericks has killed I guess and just more iPadification!! ;)

I have QT Pro installed if that should make a difference, but no Safari browsed midi files would play.

Edit:

The only way I could play some midi files was to download them, if and when possible, and then they were playable in QT 7. I didn't try QT X.

And I just tried some web pages, and got the "plugin required" message.

A bit of a bummer!! :(

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
With in browser midi playback gone I will have to keep at least one system on 10.6.8. It means it's time to buy a new system and move forward (not just update the OS) and relegate a perfectly good system to simple tasks (like midi playing).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.