Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like Safari. It's my default browser, I'm comfortable with its UI, etc.

But dammit if it isn't one of the least capable browsers out there. It's the reason I keep Firefox and Chrome installed, just to deal with websites that Safari refuses to work with.

I know, I know - it's an issue of developers not properly implementing web standards, yadda yadda yadda. Maybe the folks who coded this page are still using MSIE 6.0. Wouldn't surprise me, having worked with their IT dept. in the past.

But just to confirm it's not me: Can any of you properly load this page with Safari?

(I'm using Safari 14.1 on Mojave).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Does not load properly for me in Safari V14.0.3. Loads fine in Chrome on my 5K iMac running Mojave.
Really surprised they have not heard back from people about that, not like Macs are all that obscure and there is probably a large student population using an Apple product with Safari.

·
Premium Member
42,877 Posts
Just names of images--no images.

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Just tried on my iPhone, everything loads fine there in Safari as well as on my iPad Pro.

·
Super Moderator
1,751 Posts
Loads fine for me on Safari 14.1.1 on Big Sur. I don't have any kind of ad blocker installed though (I take care of that at the DNS level)

·
Premium Member
42,877 Posts
Also Safari 14.1.1 on Mojave--no ad blocker installed. Tried it with and without VPN.

·
peek-a-boo
17,330 Posts
My pro tools machine is mojave and I noticed last week stuff wasn’t loading well (some images, video on pro tools expert for example) and I found a safari update for mojave and it fixed all of those issues. Not sure if it was the update or if the version I had had problems the update resolved. Oddly the mojave machine upstairs didn’t seem to have any issues before or after the update?

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
I really like Safari. It's my default browser, I'm comfortable with its UI, etc.

But dammit if it isn't one of the least capable browsers out there. It's the reason I keep Firefox and Chrome installed, just to deal with websites that Safari refuses to work with.

I know, I know - it's an issue of developers not properly implementing web standards, yadda yadda yadda. Maybe the folks who coded this page are still using MSIE 6.0. Wouldn't surprise me, having worked with their IT dept. in the past.

But just to confirm it's not me: Can any of you properly load this page with Safari?

(I'm using Safari 14.1 on Mojave).
Works on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeh, Safari is my go-to browser, too. Halifax looks good on 10.13.6.

Using a lot of ad blockers on Safari 13.1.2. No problem. I suppose it will die one day. Bummer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts