Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed that when scrolling, the mouse now disappears? I know PosterBoy was complaining about it, and wanted it fixed in the next version when we were discussing v60. I like it... So much nicer.

·
Premium Member
17,991 Posts
Yes, that is bothersome.

Let me also summarize my other issues:

- on my 4mb VRAM 300mhz iBook, scrolling also produces funked-up content display (repeating horizontal band). "Jiggling" with the up/down arrows fixes it, but it's annoying.

- on opening a new page, cursor focus is in the location bar, not on the page content. Thus, one must either tab-down to the page content or click on the page in order to use the space bar or arrow keys for scrolling.

- FTP problems. Anyone else have this? Downloading from VersionTracker- click on the "Download" link, and the status bar presents a message that it's loading 0k of XXXk, and the page seems to load endlessly without anything really happening. Doing a control-click, and "Download link to disk" will open the "Downloads" mini-window and the download proceeds as it should. Weird.

- I've had a few more unusual crashes and endless spinning beachballs in the new Beta. Might be time to toss the preferences .plist files and give Safari a good "head-shake".

M.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When using a scroll wheel, the cursor remains visible... don't know if it's supposed to, but I guess if your wheel is on your mouse, your pointer is gonna move some of the time anyway, but for me, I have a scroll wheel on my keyboard as well, but the cursor still remains visible.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
The cursor remains visiblie if you use the scroll wheel on your mouse or keyboard, but I use the up/down arrows on my iBooks keyboard more often than anything else.

It makes it so that you dont have to move the cursor off the content when you want to scroll, which saves a few seconds and makes browsing less annoying.

--PB

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CubaMark - I've never experienced any of those problems with the latest version of Safari, however the first version I had problems with FTP sites.

I use the arrow keys because I don't have a scroll wheel, and well its much nicer when the mouse disappears, it also disappears when you are typing in a dialogue box, like the one I am typing in to make this reply.
:cool:

·
Premium Member
17,991 Posts
I'm finding the new Safari beta much less stable. I'm loving tabbed browsing, but it's not much use when the darn thing Unexpectedly Quits before you can get to the other tabs..... :(

I've tossed the com.apple.Safari.plist file once already.... maybe there's another one in there somewhere that has to go.... I've also cleaned out the cache and erased the history.

Maybe I should backup my bookmarks, and do a "Safari Reset" to see what that button does ;)

M

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I'm finding this latest beta far less stable also. I've pushed that Safari reset a dozen times or more. Makes no difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts