Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Used to be Tilt
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just updated Safari, and it disabled all ad blockers and tracker blockers. Now I see ads in all the webpages and it is irritating.

Safari says it disables extensions because they slow the system down; how about the ads themselves - don't they slow the system down?

Yes I know I can use some other browser, but I happen to be among the few who actually prefers Safari!

Bummer.

Cheers

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Yep, I just re-enabled Ad Blocker and restarted Safari. Done.

I hate it when Apple plays big brother and makes decisions that are mine alone to make. :ptptptptp

·
Premium Member
15,667 Posts
Yep, I just re-enabled Ad Blocker and restarted Safari. Done.

I hate it when Apple plays big brother and makes decisions that are mine alone to make. :ptptptptp

I dare say it's going to get worse and of course Apple will say it's to do with "security" and "improve your Apple OS experience".

Yeah, right!!! Not always….

Safari says it disables extensions because they slow the system down;
Really, Apple has actually said that somewhere????

- Patrick
======

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Just do not understand 'going back' to an obsolete OS unless your hardware won't support it. Isn't that counter productive? It seems to me it is more like stubborn resistance to change.

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
No such message with Safari 9.1.3 in Mavericks 10.9.5.

And I tried with several Safari extensions.
if you insist on using an archaic form of the OS you cannot expect the newest features.....?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,667 Posts
Just do not understand 'going back' to an obsolete OS unless your hardware won't support it. Isn't that counter productive? It seems to me it is more like stubborn resistance to change.
I was NOT suggesting "'going back' to an obsolete OS" at all. Just the previous one or app that worked as expected.

if you insist on using an archaic form of the OS you cannot expect the newest features…..?? :confused:
99.9% of the time I don't need the "new features" and what's the point for those who could if they don't bloody well work properly!!

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Just updated Safari, and it disabled all ad blockers and tracker blockers. Now I see ads in all the webpages and it is irritating.

Safari says it disables extensions because they slow the system down; how about the ads themselves - don't they slow the system down?

Yes I know I can use some other browser, but I happen to be among the few who actually prefers Safari!

Bummer.

Cheers
Just go into the App Store and download the ad blocker from there. It was pretty self explanatory and took all of 3 min.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
DNS servers
Use these servers to block ads, tracking and phishing
Or use IPv6 addresses
2a00:5a60::ad1:0ff
2a00:5a60::ad2:0ff
Family protection
Default + blocking adult websites + safe search
Or use IPv6 addresses
2a00:5a60::bad1:0ff
2a00:5a60::bad2:0ff

by adguard

·
Used to be Tilt
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Go back to using your previous macOS version until all the stuff you need catches up — if Apple will even allow them. :(

- Patrick
======
Unfortunately that is not an option now for me :).

Cheers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts