Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Safari 1.2 Released

2K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  gordguide 
#1 ·
Along with a Java update.

Check your software update.

Finally I can tab between form elements!

support for personal certificate authentication, and works with Java 1.4.2 to enable Web sites that rely on LiveConnect for communication between JavaScript and Java applets. The update also provides improved application stability, full keyboard access for navigating Web pages, and the ability to resume interrupted downloads.

#4 ·
Futureshop's site works fine, as does Bank of Montreal and Citibank.ca

Nasty of Apple to not support Jaguar, though. BAD FORM, APPLE!!

#6 ·
Futureshop Works! PC Financial still does not work :( . However, when my wife switches user it works on hers nad always has. We have exactly the same settings. Why? :mad:

Still love the browser though.

#7 ·
Too bad Jag people are stuck with 1.1, I really prefer Safari for the kidz at the school to use, but for some sites (not many though), they sometimes need to use Internet Explorer :mad: , o well, maybe one day in the FAR future, the Calgary Board of Ed. might approve Panther (Only in a blue moon
)

#9 ·
Safari 1.2 seems quicker. I just dropped from the dual G5 to a dual 800 and Safari seemed a bit sluggish but it's snappy after the update tho that could be the cache refresh too.
We'll see how it does over time.

Sure would have liked left hand tab drawers ala IE tho :( :cool:

#10 ·
Script Kiddie - I know this works fine for some and has minor issues for others and in some cases (Mine) won't work at all.
The part that gets and befuddles me is that my Wife can access fine on the same Powerbook under her login. The settings are the same for both of us. I use Mozilla for banking and Safari for everything else. A bit of a pain.

Macdoc- I agree, the browser seems quite a bit quicker. Sites that were slower seem Quick and sites that were quick now blaze.

#14 ·
I would not use 1.1 because half the sites I use on a daily basis would not work with it eventhough it was snappy.. :(
So far 1.2 looks good however.. Still snappy'er that IE and Netscape.. So maybe now I can use it as my default browser

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.