Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to connect my TV to my Pismo's S-Video outlet (to play DVD's), but wonder how far the signal can go before it degrades. I know ethernet, for example, goes about 50ft, but I have no idea how far I could string an S-Video cable.

Can anyone offer some insight?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Find me a long S-VHS cable or S-VHS coupler and I'll bet you could go really far. How far you thinking?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
The best thin to do here is to put the Pismo so it won't fall asleep, put it beside the TV, hook it up via S-Video and then put the monitor down. Execpt, if you plan to use the PIsmo for a remote control, then no, that won't work.....

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Ethernet is A LOT farther than 50 Ft. I think is something like 100 Metres. :eek:

I just set up a projector to a Mac . Needed S-Video and I went 50 feet. No problems at all. Works great. ;) Probably worth getting a decent cable when going that length.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ehMax:
I just set up a projector to a Mac . Needed S-Video and I went 50 feet. No problems at all. Works great. ;) Probably worth getting a decent cable when going that length.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I needed to know! Thanks very much! (Now to find such a cable...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts