Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinksecret is saying that it is, as part of the upcoming (WWDC-timed?) refresh of the iMac design/product line.

Will the 20" be lowered in price enough to match the 17"?

People are also saying Education Market will suffer, but I think Apple will probably still make the 17" for education only customers. (Hell, they were selling Education customers iBook 12"ers still until last week's MacBook update.)

I'm just wondering what the consumer outcry will be (if any)? If Apple can get the 20"er down to the $1349 17" price point, I think some people will be *really* happy. :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
Apple will probley keep the 17" as and Education onley modle for some time just like they kept the PowerMac G4 QuickSilver around the Education markit for quite a wile even though new G4's were comming out.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I would be surprised if a new 20" iMac was less than $1499..

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be surprised if a new 20" iMac was less than $1499..
I think that would be a way to totally blow people away -- redesign the iMacs (which is apparently in the cards as well) and drop the 17" but have the 20" fill it the 17" price point. (Well, not the $999 basic, but the $1349 price point).

·
Registered
560 Posts
Apple will probley keep the 17" as and Education onley modle for some time just like they kept the PowerMac G4 QuickSilver around the Education markit for quite a wile even though new G4's were comming out.
Speaking of education... that's some interesting spelling. ;) (That's the joke in this post, right?) :lmao:

Well, the $1250 price for a 20" model would be nice... so long as it's better than GMA950 (or GMA3000) video.

nVidia's got a new integrated graphics chipset that's pretty good. A little slower than a GeForce 7300, same graphics chipset. That'd be great for a low-end iMac! Beats the snot out of GMA3000!

Of course.... if you could get the price as low as $1100 - I wouldn't complain about GMA3000 video anymore! :greedy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts