Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought some of you might find this of interest. Looprumors.com has posted some new specs that they say are imminent for the flat-panel iMac.

Quote from looprumors.com:

>>It appears that Apple will update the new iMac line with faster processors and some added features. Rumors that the 15" iMac is on its way out may not be as accurate as once thought. Reports we have gathered indicate Apple will refresh its current line with the following specs:

Fast

15-inch LCD flat screen
800MHz PowerPC G4
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
256MB SDRAM
40GB Ultra ATA hard drive
10/100BASE-T Ethernet
DVD/CD-RW
56K internal modem
Apple Pro Speakers

Faster

17-inch LCD flat screen
867MHz PowerPC G4
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
256MB SDRAM
80GB Ultra ATA hard drive
10/100BASE-T Ethernet
SuperDrive
Bluetooth
FireWire 800
56K internal modem
Apple Pro Speakers

Fastest

17-inch LCD flat screen
1GHz PowerPC G4
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX
512MB SDRAM
120GB Ultra ATA hard drive
10/100BASE-T Ethernet
SuperDrive
Bluetooth
FireWire 800
AirPort Extreme
56K internal modem
Apple Pro Speakers

·
Registered
507 Posts
I doubt the 'Faster' will have a GF2MX card and FW800, but other than that, it looks perfectly credible.

Doesn't Apple usually perform a speed-bump refresh in Feb/March, on or after MacWorld Tokyo?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I hope that's not the only models that will be available. My wife greatly prefers the 15" to the 17" and, currently, the 15" is available with a SuperDrive.

It would be great if they just put a bigger HD and a better video card into the 15". (i.e., 80GB HD and the NVIDIA GeForce 4MX.)

James

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Wasn't Macworld Tokyo cancelled this year?
As for the specs? Keeping the GeForce 2? I hope not... but adding the ability for Airport Extreme I think would be across the board and FW800 too...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts