Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently moved to Quebec, and I'm in desperate need to get a handle on french. I've successfully downloaded a copy of the Rosetta Stone software, and I'm having troubles adding the language packages. I've tried burning the language pack to a cd and tried to add it that way, but it didn't work. I read about downloading poweriso but so far i haven't been able to find a mac version, or if i had for some reason i wasn't able to download it properly. I was wondering if there was another software i can download to add the language packs I've downloaded, or just if im doing something totally wrong, and there's a much easier way to do this!

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Try Google. There are many free language learning sites out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rosetta Stone is not legally available for download.

Trash your illegal copy and go buy a legal copy.
Haha no kidding thats why i need help. And sorry im poor and cant get alot of work right now because i cant speak the language, so i dont see this as an option.

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
^^^
(Edited because I missed the first part of the OP)

I would suggest going to school - I am sure that the schools in Quebec offer French as a Second Language courses that are probably free, or offered under some kind of program. Having a real teacher will be more of a help than trying to learn from a computer, since you can't really ask a computer any meaningful questions. In fact, I think that computer programs do a poor job of teaching languages, and that having a real French speaker will be infinitely more beneficial. That said, there are lots of ways of learning another language that doesn't require pirated software.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Haha no kidding thats why i need help. And sorry im poor and cant get alot of work right now because i cant speak the language, so i dont see this as an option.
Then you're asking in the wrong place. ehMac does not support or tolerate piracy discussion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.