Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hotwiring another cessna
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I post from my Danger Hiptop I thought I would note that Rogers @Home is down again... Twice in two days yesterday all accross Ontario! For Me this is a monthly event paying for poor service and speeds as DSL is still not available in my area. If anyone has an alternative I'm all ears as I'm fed up with the idiots at Rogers.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Sorry, but that is incorrect. I live in Ottawa and had Rogers connectivity all day yesterday and today.

Perhaps you should ask them to check the modem on their end. They had a faulty one connected to me once and it took a bit of convincing to get them to check, but once they did, they swapped it out and I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I've been hella cool too with rogers hi-speed actually... My rogers mobile is what is getting me heated! :mad:

H!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I find that my Rogers Internet cable connection gets spotty between 9:30 PM to about 11:30 PM depending on the day, i.e., during peak usage periods. They need to beef up their "Most advanced digital network in Canada"...

My Rogers Digital Cable has been having serious dropouts last couple of weeks. Bitching to them hasn't helped any...

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I have had no problems in at least a year with Rogers. Before that time, we had problems almost weekly.

I am very pleased with Rogers.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's unfortunate to hear of all the downtime some of you are having with rogers. Personally, never had a problem that would cause irritation. Down maybe twice in the 3+ years with them but not major, just a few hours. I live in Mississauga. Just stay away from their cellular service.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
I've been on Videotron's cable subscription for the past 4 years... never had a problem until recently.

I was talking to a Videotron (which I think is a Rogers company, or it was... ? Maybe affiliated) technician the other day when he was checking my connection (had problems -- turned out to be an old wire of theirs) and apparently a lot of service calls are due to folk using cable splitters and cheap cables.

In our apartment complex he said that there was one individual who had about 50-60 feet of cable (or so that they bought from Walmart) running from a splitter at an outlet all the way through from living room, through a wall in a bedroom, through another wall into their office... and they couldn't get a stable signal.

I guess the moral of the story is... make sure it's not you that's causing the problem. ;) Not that it may be your fault... unless your running 80 feet of cable through your house or something. :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
My hi speed was out when I got home on sunday at 6 pm. I called tech and the message said all Ont. was out since 1:30pm. I got it back at about 8:00. I guess the message was a standard lie they use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts