ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having MAJOR issues with Rogers/Fido's network in downtown Ottawa the last couple days?

Last night I couldn't get a call to stay connected, over the course of a conversation the call dropped 4 times, once after 33 sec, then again after 3 minutes, 4 minutes, and 6 minutes, at which point we gave up.

Then tonight on another conversation dropped after 30 sec, and again on the second attempt after 13 sec, with multiple call attempts failing to even connect... this time my friend I was talking to had an iPhone4 too, we switched over to Facetime and it worked like a charm!

I'm with Fido, and he's also been having the same issues with Rogers the last 24-48 hrs...

·
Seriously?
4,442 Posts
FaceTime does not use Rogers network, so it would work as well as your and who you connect to wifi connection.

I also have issue sometimes here in the GTA with dropped calls on Rogers, the service ha been really crap as of late and is making me re-think my provider.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think the Rogers 3G network is congested. I have been experiencing constant slowdowns and a few dead zones. I was recently in Kingston and the network was much faster.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Has been like this for the last three weeks in downtown Ottawa. Dropped calls, terrible reception, and almost no data access. Opened ticket with Rogers, and they promised to call back, good thing I did not hold my breath, I would be dead by now.
They are aware off the issue, but do not appear to do anything about it. It may be a ploy to sell a new 'premium' package as mentioned in another thread.
Calling customer retention is basically useless, they will try to pass you on to technical support and let you wait until you hang up, this seems to be their latest trick, make you wait until you hang up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am in the barrhaven area and I have been having issues as well. At random times between 1 and 4 in the afternoon my phone just drops all signal and is searching and then all of a sudden it just reconnects. I am also with Fido

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
I'm in DT TO and today I can't get anything to work on 3G on Fido/Rogers on my iPhone 4. When I switch to EDGE, I get *barely* dial-up speed, but at least it works. Wow RogersFail. What's up?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just a note, I was in ottawa last week (I'm from Toronto) and didn't notice any change in service from Toronto to Ottawa.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I'm in DT TO and today I can't get anything to work on 3G on Fido/Rogers on my iPhone 4. When I switch to EDGE, I get *barely* dial-up speed, but at least it works. Wow RogersFail. What's up?
I'll be visiting a deadzone in around an hour (king & york) right now speeds be ablaze (front & jarvis)

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 3G has been terrible this week in downtown Ottawa. IMO it has been terrible since September. I think they have overloaded their network.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts