Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an unprecedented amount of requests for early hardware upgrades for the express purpose of obtaining the iPhone 3G, Rogers has changed the rules for the iPhone 3G only: if an account has been active for three months, you can upgrade to the iPhone 3G for Tier 1 pricing, plus the $35 activation fee.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
15,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering that upgrade eligibility is 24 months for most other phones/customers, and was dropped to 12 months for the iPhone 3G, to have it at 3 months now is somewhat remarkable. If you upgraded three months ago or more, there is no reason _not_ to upgrade now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Damn! I wish I were on Rogers!

17 more months till I can leave B(H)ell Mobility.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe this is correct, but it's hell for me getting there. I've talked to six CSR, the fifth hung up on me (I think by mistake). It guess I was getting a discount of some sort which made some of them think I was on a corporate plan so I was transfered her/there including to the cable department. Some said I couldn't upgrade and others said I could, but for $249 and $349 + $35 activation. What a mess. So nothing is wrong with my account after a senior level person checked it out. However, I now need to wait 24 hours since they removed this one code that got placed on my account somehow and the change needs to take place. Once that is done I'll have someone call me and go through the whole process again. Weeks later and many people still have no clue what they are doing ...

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
!!! I JUST ORDERED MY iPHONE!!!! She said I should have it by next week, some customers have gotten in within days. I know this may not be realistic so I won't camp outside the door but will install a camera above the door. 80)

8G Black!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes
I switched in May 08.
CSR just told me I'm eligible as of tomorrow (Aug 9)
Also told me I had the choice to order over phone and have it shipped, or visit a Rogers store to complete the upgrade.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had to pay like 300 or something to get the 8 gig, is it worth it to complain?

·
Premium Member
15,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
will i be able to get the upgrade even if I don't want a data plan?
You want a data plan.

But if you really don't want a data plan, yes; it's been answered before, just not in this thread, so I guess it's a valid question.

·
Registered
350 Posts
most of the time, i'm around wifi... only time i'm not is when i'm on the road, so i wanted to see how it'll be without one first.
I thought I could do that too so I got it without the data plan. But really, on the bus ride to work and such, it was too tempting to surf the net and what not. 2 days later I got the data plan.

·
Registered
233 Posts
As an aside, most people can find this out readily by logging in to their Rogers account online and clicking on "Upgrade my phone."
I checked my upgrade status online at rogers.com. It said I was not eligible until May 2009. Spoke with a CSR - He said Aug 28th 2008. I pointed out that I signed up on May 9, 08. He double checked and said to call back tomorrow,
My point... I don't think the online info for people's accounts reflects the new 3 month policy. It's best to call a CSR and have your paperwork on hand when you call.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.