Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
If I had or were going to get a Canadian iPhone I would jump ALL OVER that 6Gb/$30 deal.

Yes, it's true that 93% of Canadian iPhone users -- including many here -- use 500MB or less, but for the extra $5 you have FUTURE GROWTH.

And taking a look at what devs have planned for the future, you're going to need that generous bandwidth going forward.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If I had or were going to get a Canadian iPhone I would jump ALL OVER that 6Gb/$30 deal.
I might be able to finally convince my CFO (wife) that this is the deal that we want. I'm happy to see that.

There's one thing I haven't seen addressed yet:
OK, here's how I understand things:
The 8GB iPhone 3G is $99 (this is the one that was $199 yesterday)
The 16GB iPhone 3Gs is $199
The 32 GB iPhone 3Gs is $299

The one thing I haven't seen answered yet is what about the 16GB iPhone 3G? Are the retailers just sending back all their stock, or are they discounted?

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts
I might be able to finally convince my CFO (wife) that this is the deal that we want. I'm happy to see that.

The one thing I haven't seen answered yet is what about the 16GB iPhone 3G? Are the retailers just sending back all their stock, or are they discounted?
In the States I've read that they are discounting the 16GB iPhone 3G to $149 until stick runs out... Not sure about Rogers/Fido... Call!!?

·
Registered
145 Posts
In the States I've read that they are discounting the 16GB iPhone 3G to $149 until stick runs out... Not sure about Rogers/Fido... Call!!?
Yeah, unfortunately, it's not 9:00 yet and I wouldn't expect their sales call centre to be open yet, and yesterday, they weren't sharing anything.

I would actually tend to go to a mall and ask in person.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've read around and am still not sure...
So will you have to pay extra to tether?
Or will my 6GB plan finally make sense?

on a side note, G-Mo. Futurama was just picked up to come back to TV with new episodes following the success of their direct to DVD movies.

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
I agree with Chas about the extra bandwidth - I haven't had time to inquire any further about the itunes movie downloads on your phone, but I wonder if this means you can choose a movie to download (while on the phone) to your mac at home or is this direct to your phone?

Obviously if it's the latter than the larger data plan is great. I still seeing that as a lg dload for a phone though.

On another note, I wonder how much it is to exchange a 3G for the 3Gs? I haven't called Rogers on that one just yet. Tempting if it's not alot, but I thought I read that AT&T will do it for 2x's the regular price.

·
Premium Member
15,721 Posts
Does anyone know if we'll be able to use tethering with our existing 6GB plan, or will there be any extra fee for tethering or something that we have to opt in?
If you already (as of yesterday) have a data plan of 1GB or more, you are free to tether at least for 2009; and Rogers policy is unknown after that.

3.0 requires that you call Rogers to allow tethering on your account.

Anything further is speculative only.

·
Registered
145 Posts

To answer my own question: $179

I am now the proud owner of a white 16GB iPhone with the 6GB data plan :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
3GS w/o Data plan

So the recent reports from Rogers that it is now NOT possible to get an iPhone w/o Data plan. The recent rogers info looks to be worded to this effect.

A buddy told me he believes you can still go to a wireless retailer and get an iphone w/o data plan and that those reports are only for phones ordered directly from Rogers. I'd be surprised if that is the case though.

Any new definitive information on this front? Is it at all possible to get an iPhone w/o data package?

·
Registered
90 Posts
http://www.macnn.com said:
Rogers Wireless also plans to have a special "no-term" price for each device at launch.
This is the one that I'm really interested in. I have been without contract for two years and I'll be damned if end up in one again. Paying extra up front is worth it to be able to just call them up and cancel because of their continued BS.

God, I hate their monopoly in Canada. Too bad the iPhone is the only one worth buying.

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts
To answer my own question: $179

I am now the proud owner of a white 16GB iPhone with the 6GB data plan :)
Seems hardly worth it, when next week you could get the 3GS (16GB) for only $20 more...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Seems hardly worth it, when next week you could get the 3GS (16GB) for only $20 more...
I was going to say the same thing. Why not wait one week? But I guess if the new features of the 3GS don't appeal to you, then congrats and enjoy your new iPhone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.