Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Yes, it was, and hard to believe that it has been just over a year since he left us.

Mr. Donald John Sinclair, of St. Albert, AB, died on June 21, 2020 at the age of 75.

Certainly a year to remember for a lot of other miserable and unfortunate things that happened during the year as well.

- Patrick
=======
Well said, Patrick. Paix, mon ami.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I've steered clear from EhMac for a long time now. Because of all the quabbling and politics.
None the less: sad news about Don, I will miss him too.

·
Premium Member
15,514 Posts
I've steered clear from EhMac for a long time now. Because of all the quabbling and politics.
None the less: sad news about Don, I will miss him too.

It seems there are several other old ehMac members who are no longer with us for whatever reason as well...

Anyone recall what happened to John from Burnaby???
He often had tales of his food experiences and their Saturday dim sung outings as well as photos of his wife's art projects. He just seemed to disappear, just like some others.

Some of the other names escape me at the moment... But hopefully, nobody will bring up the names of some that were asked to leave the forums but I doubt if that will happen with the new admins who are now running the forums!!!

It would sure be nice to just see all the "quabbling and politics" just disappear from the forums... at least that would save a bunch of wasted bandwidth and possibly make visiting the site a bit more pleasurable.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Do you have any mote obituaries, Patrick? i've been away for such a long time!
And who was banned?
Well, forums do tend to peter out. In the Netherlands, the OMT forum members are leaving ship as we speak...
InterMactivity.be and Homerecording.be have just stopped because of GDPR.
It's all social media now I suppose?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
It seems there are several other old ehMac members who are no longer with us for whatever reason as well...

Anyone recall what happened to John from Burnaby???
He often had tales of his food experiences and their Saturday dim sung outings as well as photos of his wife's art projects. He just seemed to disappear, just like some others.

Some of the other names escape me at the moment... But hopefully, nobody will bring up the names of some that were asked to leave the forums but I doubt if that will happen with the new admins who are now running the forums!!!

It would sure be nice to just see all the "quabbling and politics" just disappear from the forums... at least that would save a bunch of wasted bandwidth and possibly make visiting the site a bit more pleasurable.

- Patrick
=======
"Anyone recall what happened to John from Burnaby???
He often had tales of his food experiences and their Saturday dim sung outings as well as photos of his wife's art projects. He just seemed to disappear, just like some others. " I was thinking the same thing yesterday, Patrick. Great minds think alike. Paix, mon ami.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
"It would sure be nice to just see all the "quabbling and politics" just disappear from the forums... at least that would save a bunch of wasted bandwidth and possibly make visiting the site a bit more pleasurable. " Amen, brother Patrick.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
And who was banned?
Nobody!

InterMactivity.be and Homerecording.be have just stopped because of GDPR.
It's all social media now I suppose?
GDPR was created, it seems, to ensure that large social media companies could drive out their smaller competitors who did not have the resources to comply.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Not quite true... The ex-member, the original Mayor and the few others of us certainly remember who... and he was also asked to leave an American Mac-forums site around the same time... a real belittling arrogant one...

- Patrick
=======
I DO remember a few of them from way back. I just meant since the last time hexdiy was a semi-frequent poster.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Hee MacFury, ouwe gabber! Blij om je nog eens te lezen! Hoe gaat het met je?

Sorry Folks, MacFury can read some Dutch, I know. Looked like a nice way to get in touch again.
Good luck to you all!

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hee MacFury, ouwe gabber! Blij om je nog eens te lezen! Hoe gaat het met je?

Sorry Folks, MacFury can read some Dutch, I know. Looked like a nice way to get in touch again.
Good luck to you all!
Groeten uit Toronto, ouwe vent! Alles goed!

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Groeten uit Toronto, ouwe vent! Alles goed!
Yep! Tomorrow I'll be 57, elderly all right! But alive & kicking. A bit.
I still can help theatre makers do their thing at my work, for which I'm extremely grateful!

Public life in Flanders, or Europe, however, has come to a near standstill.

Some fright with my mom last November, though: 6 out of 18 of her cohabitants on her ward
have died of Covid19. Including all of her table mates. Major outbreak.

So please do take care!

Will be checking EhMac again in the future. Lets steer clear of politics, however.

If once in a while you would care to read Dutch, please feel free to register on MacFreak.nl
Out there, we usually do not speak English, but we do allow for occasional exceptions.
We would be honoured to have some Canadian guests.

As a matter of fact, I will propose an English speaking forum at MacFreak.nl
They are very good at fault finding. And quite versed in the English language as well.

See you, where ever!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Yep! Tomorrow I'll be 57, elderly all right! But alive & kicking. A bit.
I still can help theatre makers do their thing at my work, for which I'm extremely grateful!

Public life in Flanders, or Europe, however, has come to a near standstill.

Some fright with my mom last November, though: 6 out of 18 of her cohabitants on her ward
have died of Covid19. Including all of her table mates. Major outbreak.

So please do take care!

Will be checking EhMac again in the future. Lets steer clear of politics, however.

If once in a while you would care to read Dutch, please feel free to register on MacFreak.nl
Out there, we usually do not speak English, but we do allow for occasional exceptions.
We would be honoured to have some Canadian guests.

As a matter of fact, I will propose an English speaking forum at MacFreak.nl
They are very good at fault finding. And quite versed in the English language as well.

See you, where ever!
Hup Holland.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hup! Hup!

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
Just reading this now, since I don't spend much if any in EEH normally.

SINC was a pain, taking issue with things based on preconceived notions about other members and not about what they'd actually post. BUT he will be missed, and certainly was a real character. Massive posters like that are what make sites like this different, and on occasion worthwhile.

RIP.

·
Premium Member
15,514 Posts

SINC was a pain, taking issue with things based on preconceived notions about other members and not about what they'd actually post. BUT he will be missed, and certainly was a real character. Massive posters like that are what make sites like this different, and on occasion worthwhile.

As the saying goes, "You have been conspicuous by your absence", and your absence has been noticed by some of us, but at least you are still active, but I haven't seen too many posts from you recently. Actually, it's been quite a long time I believe...

But I think your remark about Don is a bit strong, but I will admit he was a bit opinionated about some things, but we usually agreed to agree to just disagree if needed.

But he was still full of a lot of useful information and experienced with many things and certainly provided a lot of useful help to a lot of members.

It's unfortunate to see several good old members have disappeared from the ehMac forums, because of healthwise or otherwise.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts

RIP.
Good to hear from you, However, like a voice calling from the wilderness. Don and I didn’t see eye to eye a lot of the time either, like how you measure rainfall and snowfall, but I still miss his presence around here.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Oh dear, I just read this... Rest in peace SINC.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts