ehMac banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Sorry to hear the news.
I haven't been around much but I think SINC was one of the cornerstones of the good old days of ehMac.
May he rest in peace.
RtC
So true. Paix, mon ami.

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
Sorry to hear the news.
I haven't been around much but I think SINC was one of the cornerstones of the good old days of ehMac.
May he rest in peace.
RtC

Quite right, and a sad loss, and looking at your join date, it looks like you were one of the original ehmac cornerstone members as well.

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Quite right, and a sad loss, and looking at your join date, it looks like you were one of the original ehmac cornerstone members as well.

- Patrick
=======
I've been around for a while. Have not been nearly as active as years ago but I do check in once in a while.

RtC

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Very sad to see the news of Sinc's passing. I will always remember when I first joined ehMac, a bunch of us held a meet-up in Calgary, and Sinc made the trip to spend time with us.

We were upstairs at The Rose and Crown when suddenly a fierce looking gentleman in biker gear and a completely badge-covered leather vest came up the stairs and looked right at us. Sinc, sitting beside me, let out a quiet "Uh oh, who's this?" - Immediately the stranger flashed a huge smile at us all - it was FeXL. It was a wonderful evening filled with many stories, laughs and perhaps even a little mention of Apple products.

RIP, good sir. I shall raise a beverage in your honour.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
Wow, I had no idea!! I have not been on here for a few years. I Met Don once in St Albert 2015 at his place and he gave me an original iMac Bondi. Very nice man, very generous, and helpful. Sorry to hear of his passing. RIP Mr SINC

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Hey ehMacians... ehMax here.

RtC let me know about the passing of Don recently. I just wanted stop in a pay my respects to SINC on the site. He was a good man and such a huge part of ehMac's history. I was really sad and shocked to hear the news, even though he was one of our more senior members.

He often got under my skin with his political leanings, saying that watching soccer was like watching paint dry, his jabs at U2, and his fearlessness to let me know anything and everything that bugged him about the site or other members (He was after all, our resident curmudgeon). ;) but... I loved the guy behind the keyboard and I'm really sad that he passed and is no longer with us. Maybe he is having a cold one with MacNutt somewhere.

Hope everyone is doing well.

RIP SINC. 🍻

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
Hope everyone is doing well.

Nice to hear the Mayor's voice of the past still works in the present.

I think we need you back to get this site on track or maybe you could be hired as an advisor and you could show them how it should be done.

Take care and keep well and healthy.

- Patrick
=======

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Nice to hear the Mayor's voice of the past still works in the present.

I think we need you back to get this site on track or maybe you could be hired as an advisor and you could show them how it should be done.

Take care and keep well and healthy.

- Patrick
=======
Amen, brother. I agree.

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
Agreed this place needs help. I haven’t logged in here in 7 years, after coming by a few weeks back after all this time, it merely got far worse. No wonder everyone I know left.

But the shang is a peaceful room to be. Based on track record, I’d say Dr. G understands best.

Reactions: Dr.G.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
Agreed this place needs help. I haven’t logged in here in 7 years, after coming by a few weeks back after all this time, it merely got far worse. No wonder everyone I know left.

But the shang is a peaceful room to be. Based on track record, I’d say Dr. G understands best.
Thanks for the compliment, Steve. Still, the Shang family shares the credit equally. Paix, mon ami.

Reactions: groovetube

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Would be nice if people didn't pollute SINC's memorial thread with their turgid opinions. Please be respectful.

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, Steve. Still, the Shang family shares the credit equally. Paix, mon ami.
You are quite correct. Its a good bunch, and I appreciate the peace there. And Im sure you miss Sinc a great deal there. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
Would be nice if people didn't pollute SINC's memorial thread with their turgid opinions. Please be respectful.
Would be nice if people could refrain from criticizing other members in SINC’s memorial thread and just let people be happy to talk to each other again. Like the way most memorials work.

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
Would be nice if people could refrain from criticizing other members in SINC’s memorial thread and just let people be happy to talk to each other again. Like the way most memorials work.
This is correct. I didn't mean to invite this, I should have known better. I'd delete my post if I could (this forum doesn't allow it) and humbly apologize.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
You are quite correct. Its a good bunch, and I appreciate the peace there. And Im sure you miss Sinc a great deal there. Cheers.
Yes, Don was like an older brother to me. I think of him each day.

·
peek-a-boo
16,234 Posts
Yes, Don was like an older brother to me. I think of him each day.
sorry for your loss. Too many have lost loved ones too soon these days. Peace.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,702 Posts
sorry for your loss. Too many have lost loved ones too soon these days. Peace.
We all lost a fine ehMacLander and a fine person. Paix, mon ami.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Very sad to hear about Don's passing. 75 seems so young. My memories was all the help he gave me with my transition from Windows machines to the iMac back in I think 07. I never was computer literate and still am not, but he always made time for me and always made feel like I belonged.
Rest in peace Don (Sinc)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts