Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my old thrustworthy SE/30's screen finally died yesterday. I received the machine from my dad, he works at the Peel Board and one of his schools was throwing out a whole bunch of old Macs (SI's, CX's, LC and a couple of SE/30's) after refurbishing and installing clean systems I donated all of them to the my sisters school and the local library except for the 2nd SE/30. I received it in 1997 loaded the thing with as much RAM as possible and used for typing in Word 5.1 e-mailing and playing the original Sim City (had a game going on the thing for 2 the last years). I'm going to miss the old Mac but hey my Fiance loves fish and since old Mac's don't die they just become aquariums that will be it's final fate.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I love my SE/30. I pull it out every once in a while and give it a spin. Brings back a lot of great memories from the early 90's.

Why not grab an old SE and do a transplant?

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I still have my SE/30 with it's 20 mb of RAM and a 40
mb hard drive, The monitor has a slight burn in but it
has a Radius video card for an external grey scale
monitor.

It's somewhere in the basement in it's fitted padded
case with a shoulder strap, I'll set it up again...
Someday.

Dave :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I've still got three or four SE/30's (along with one of every other compact!), I love them. The main one that still gets used is running NetBSD. It's very funny to show people the UNIX command line on it...

Parts machines should be easy to find, most of the compacts are very cheap these days...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts