Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can right click on any icon on my desktop with no problem. RIght clicking on my hard drive icon is continually crashing my Finder. Any ideas? I am calibrating my battery and am down to 8%. Would this have anything to do with it? The low warning as not yet come up.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Restart and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Started up this morning and still the same old crash. As I said, it's only with hard drive icon. All other desktop icons are okay. It has nothing to do with the speed of clicking. I select it and then even wait for a few seconds. Right-clicking guarantees a Finder crash. I booted off of install disk to verify the disk. All is okay there. I ran maintenance scripts with Onyx. Deleted the Finder preferences. I can't decipher the Finder Crash log. If any one can, I will post it. Like I said in an earlier post, these MacBooks tend to have more issues that I had anticipated. Nothing major- just annoying. I'm sure they'll be worked out with Leopard (?).

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I blieve I narrowed down the source of the FInder crash. I had a suspicion it ws with a contextual menu item. Not sure what one yet, but I dragged all of them out of the folder, relogged in and all is fine. Now to figure out which one it is.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Found the culprit. It the FinderBrowser item I installed to view images. Users beware. It wasn't my MacBook at all.
I just followed your lead..and went to delete all contextual menu items, but when I went to the folder, the only item that was there was "StuffItCM.plugin", deleted and now it runs awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts