Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have been reading the newer guides for revirginizing and updating to 1.1.1 and some warn to not update if the iPhone was unlocked with older unlocking methods. Now I used the guides at modmyifone and used the lockdownd and unlock method. Is this considered an older method like the old Anysim? I found an interesting tool for revirginizing at iphone.unlock.no. Then I figured I would use Independence to update safely to 1.1.1 and then unlock using iphone.unlock.no again. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I unlocked 1.0.2 with modmyifone's guide and had no issues virginizing, again with their virginizing guide. I had kept putting off updating to 1.1.1, and finally tackled it just this past Fri. With the announced 1.1.2 update, I really wanted to at least have jumped the hurdle of 1.1.1.

I followed their virginizing instructions, though I did find their steps that follow unnecessarily lengthy and even a little confusing. With 1.1.1, I used jailbreakme through keypad access, and was completely amazed. Having gone through the somewhat tedious process of unlocking 1.0.2 a few months back, jailbreakme was a joy. Best of luck

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I am still wondering if I could virginize using the latest Independence or the instructions at i.unklock.no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.