Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 4 months of pure hell, pain and suffering the monitor is out of my life
and received my $1500 back from Apple..

Months of kernel panics, frozen computer, black screens - reboots - ghosting images..
packed it up and took it back to apple.

Phoned LG they refused to assist saying it is Apple's problem LOL
Phoned Apple they said LG is the support company
instead I showed up to the apple store and they immediately apologized and credited my
credit card $1500...

wow - what a sh-it show these last 4 months have been with apple and lg..
back to using my thunderbolt cinema display .

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really had high hopes for this monitor. but in the end the best was to return it.
disappointed but relived that i received my money back.

LG and Apple rushed it to market without testing .. seems lately that apple is like microsoft of the 90s, releasing products and having us in the wild
doing live experience feed back lol

Interestingly enough i also found that the USB-c ports in the back of the LG were never running at full speeds.. My USB 3 items kept falling offline as well
as had many read write errors.. it all makes sense now.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I would have exchanged it for another one. There are a lot of very happy people running this display.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would have exchanged it for another one. There are a lot of very happy people running this display.
not worth the risk for $1500 - also apple mentioned there is a stop sale in store - because of all the issues. only through online with 2 week order time..

I have called a few wholesalers since i am a reseller - been looking at other brands - which are 50% cheaper as well as less risk and issues, plus 3 year warranty which is 3 times longer than the Ultrafine.

been looking at lenovo, acer, hp and LG other models. they all have 4k and 5k displays for much cheaper even dell..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts