Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

In a moment of brain fog, I accidentally deleted a text thread that dates back 15 years or so. I know you're thinking, well easy enough, reinstall from backup and problem solved. Well... problem is the most recent backup is a month ago and I've had many new messages since then I don't wish to wipe out.

I've been sniffing around and I found an app called Phone Rescue from a company called iMobie. They seem to get decent reviews from a variety of sources and it's relatively inexpensive...

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and perhaps further insight that might help solve this little problem.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,524 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
42,445 Posts
I meant that you should save the texts you wanted to keep from this month--then restore the original mega text.

·
Premium Member
15,524 Posts
Patrick, is this your way of saying quit asking questions? I am quite familiar with the ways of Google. I'm here looking for first hand experience.

Not at all Mingus, but you might have received a few more replies If you had included a few more details such as the Mac or iDevices you are using and the OS each might be using and if you were using anything like iCloud for any sort of backup etc. or any type of syncing you might be doing.

As for the Phone Rescue.app you might want to check some of that user comments here, but they don't seem very encouraging:

My apologies if you had already checked the user comments at that site.

Is there any chance that any of the other users of that 15-year-old message may still have a copy you could obtain and use?

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not at all Mingus, but you might have received a few more replies If you had included a few more details such as the Mac or iDevices you are using and the OS each might be using and if you were using anything like iCloud for any sort of backup etc. or any type of syncing you might be doing.

As for the Phone Rescue.app you might want to check some of that user comments here, but they don't seem very encouraging:

My apologies if you had already checked the user comments at that site.

Is there any chance that any of the other users of that 15-year-old message may still have a copy you could obtain and use?

- Patrick
=======
Not sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. I'll look into this further once I have a moment.
I have no idea what would've caused it, and I doubt there is anyway of getting them back (unless you made a long old iTunes backup). This is actually the first time I have heard of this on these forums. Unfortunately, with text messages, iOS is designed to allow other applications to access them (so you can use 3rd-party message recovery apps to recover your deleted texts).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts