Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve watched three episodes of this series so far and I am really enjoying it. It’s a fish out of water story starring Alan Tudyk as an alien who’s been stranded on earth. Very funny so far in my view. Have you seen it?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I love Alan Tudyk. Firefly, Rogue One. But this show (IMHO) is a thud. It even has these pauses where you would normally laugh, but no.

To each their own.

Have been enjoying Superstore on Netflix though. Combines my love of hate for Walmart and dry humour.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love Alan Tudyk. Firefly, Rogue One. But this show (IMHO) is a thud. It even has these pauses where you would normally laugh, but no.

To each their own.

Have been enjoying Superstore on Netflix though. Combines my love of hate for Walmart and dry humour.
My kids and I are howling. It must have something to do with Tudyk’s expressions. Haven’t checked out Superstore yet but I’ll keep an eye out for it.

·
}<-('o')-
9,917 Posts
I haven't checked out Resident Alien but will. I have really been enjoying Superstore...very easy and light to watch and sometimes downright hilarious.
SO many great characters...

·
Premium Member
42,883 Posts
Resident Alien is one of those shows I want to like, but the humour consistently seems to miss a beat. I think I would like it better, if it tried less hard to be funny.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Resident Alien is one of those shows I want to like, but the humour consistently seems to miss a beat. I think I would like it better, if it tried less hard to be funny.
I think I hear what you’re saying. The most recent episode seemed to partly alien trying to fit in comedy and the rest was about First Nations issues awareness. Not quite sure where that was supposed to fit. I really enjoy Alan Tudyk though and his chemistry with the kids.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well end of season 1, and what a great season it was IMHO! Lots of dark comedy along with great characters, like sheriff Mike Thompson and deputy Liv Baker, and the kids, Max and Sahar, and Asta and her dad, Dan Twelvetrees. The truth of Harry's mission is revealed (to some) and a crisis is averted for now. Renewed for a second season, looking forward to the continuing adventures of Harry and the gang from Patience, Colorado.

·
Super Moderator
50 Posts
Wife and I started watching Resident Alien and really loved it. Because of that, we were afraid it would not get renewed. We seem to have that affect on a number of shows that we loved that only lasted one season.
Looking forward to the new season.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wife and I started watching Resident Alien and really loved it. Because of that, we were afraid it would not get renewed. We seem to have that affect on a number of shows that we loved that only lasted one season.
Looking forward to the new season.
I look forward to talking about it with you. Alan Tudyk is a comedy master.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts