Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase one of the iBook 800s, of the older, combo-drive variety before the stock dries up.
I've 1100$ in the bank, an empty credit card, and 1k$ overdraft on my chequing account, but only one thing remains-- does anybody have any recommendations for a particular reseller in Calgary? Specifically: pros/cons for each, or testimonials, I'd suppose?

I've been leaning toward mymacdealer, but am uncertain. Also: I'd noticed macwarehouse.ca undercuts their price by 50$-- this could mean the addition of an AirPort card for me. Would mailorder be the way to go?

I'd suppose this is an introduction, as well. I'm Andy. I'm a college student in Calgary. My father bought our first Tandy (coincidence? my youngest brother is Max!) TRS80 (Model: Colour Computer 1) in '80, our first Apple IIe in '83, and the original 128k Mac in April, '84. I was first pounding on a keyboard whilst still in diapers, and haven't stopped. With computers, that is, not diapers. I've been online since early '92(ish).

After many, many Macs (thanks to my father) of various sorts, I purchased a PC when I moved out at 17 because they were cheap-- and I've regretted it, ever since. This iBook will be my first Apple in 5 years.

/andy

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
You can also try WestWorld in Calgary, as MacDaddy happens to work there and could most likely fill you in on several details. Also their is the MicroStore in the University of Calgary (MacHall) but they deal with mostly students and have all the student pricing information readily available.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Support your local reseller.

macwarehouse dot ca is not doing the Canadian economy (Locally or Internationally) any favours. IMHO

<Check out WestWorld, they don't have all those stores in the West by doing it wrong.>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Support your local reseller.

macwarehouse dot ca is not doing the Canadian economy (Locally or Internationally) any favours. IMHO
You do, in fact, have a very strong point there. That's actually the reason why the penny-pinching college student in me didn't jump at the chance to save fifty bucks.

Also their is the MicroStore in the University of Calgary (MacHall) but they deal with mostly students
I am a student. Very much so, having taken seven classes last semester. However, apparently, as a student of Mount Royal College, in Apple Canada's eyes I'm not in need of a good, solid 200$ discount. This could be circumvented if I knew someone that went to the UofC or SAIT, but I'm more friends w/ the arts-school type. So much for that! Hah.

But, yes. I think I'll stop by westworld after work tomorrow and see if they have any of the (old) 800s in stock. mmd has two. Payday is Friday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts