Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm repairing a damaged macbook... it's in a sorry state :(

See, my client thought it was a good idea to rip all her mac's keys off herself and clean underneath the keyboard that way. Well, when she attempted to replace her keys she was unsuccessful and damaged a few of the springs and the plastic scissor part.

Now, I know, why not use a can of air -- or call in a mac genius before riping the keys off... or better yet... keep the poutine away from the mac at all times. :lmao:

Oh well... so here is where I am at:

Where in the world do I buy replacement keys? If anyone has them, please let me know... we would like to get it fixed as soon as possible. So if you know of someone here, or a mac store that has these parts available please let me know. I can't seem to find them anywhere... and time is ticking!

Thanks in Advance,
Justin Beaudoin
Founder
MOBITEK PETERBOROUGH
705 927 5115
Macs, PC's and more -- We'll Come To You

·
Premium Member
17,859 Posts
Check with your local Mac repair shop. May just have some hanging around from previous KB swaps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know, my repair show is the only running Mac Repair shop around... most repair centers here don't want anything to do with Mac... half the reason I started the company.

I wonder if I can contact the Toronto center and have them ship some to me.... anyone know of any centers in the GTA/Surrounding?

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Guess you could try Carbon Computers or CSC here in Toronto....

But my gut feeling is you spend an hour or two trying to source the bits then put this thing back together only to have her tell you that keys are sticky or don't work....

I've seen keys on eBay but not the bits under them, maybe try and source a MacBook with a punched display and MB...

Kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch guys,

I will try those places and see what they have... and perhaps I will buy a broken MacBook and keep it in the shop for parts in the future use. The best plan of attack. (Have not had a MacBook in the past so I was never really prepped).

I will let you all know how she goes and if someone else needs this sort of help in the future they will know the best place to go... perhaps I can fill a niche.

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.