Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Forget it, downtown Toronto? Nobody wears a poppy.”

My grandparents, and my dad, came to Canada as immigrants. They came because Canadian soldiers were very kind to my grandfather during a war.

I fully support what Don Cherry is saying here in this video. He is not being racist. He is getting attacked by left-wing liberals. pic.twitter.com/nOEYXvu9rk

— Denise (@DeniseInCanada) November 10, 2019​

Triggering all the right people.

More from Warmington.
Remember, Grapes: The flak is always heaviest over the target.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Eric Bogel said it far better than I can and I like Liam's version a bit better than Eric's:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-38PB_5ozc&list=RDM-38PB_5ozc&start_radio=1&t=0[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp-OlpffDWw[/ame]

Graham 1 year ago
One of the most important songs ever written. I'm a descendent of a soldier that fought in The Somme and was forever damaged, waking night after night screaming to his comrades to "get under, lads" meaning to take shelter from an imminent gas attack in the trenches. For anyone to be so mentally mutilated for the rest of his life, by a country that sent him in as cannon fodder, is an obscenity beyond words. This song however comes pretty damn close.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
A wonderful photo to remember them, Don.

I have previously posted of my relatives Albin J. Sumara (KIA, France WWI) and his nephew, Albin F. Sumara (KIA, Belgium, WWII).

Today I was visited by an uncle who brought along a metal lockbox... the kind you put away in the basement one day and forget it's there for a decade or so... and inside was this photo of my grandfather, Pte. John. F. MacDonald of the Pictou Highlanders. He served overseas and returned, affected for the remainder of his life by his experiences.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lest We Forget

Further to Kate’s earlier post, I wanted to share two photos captured on my camera on June 6, 2019 at Juno Beach, Normandy, France.

The real culprits behind the lack of poppy wearing are the ungrateful zealots on the Far Left. They’ve spun a narrative that wearing a poppy is pro-war and, as these photos show, would force them to admit that white men actually have made positive contributions in the world. That’s a leap they’re unwilling to make.

Related: A Former Hungarian Refugee Asks: Have Canadians Lost The Will To Fight For Their Freedoms?

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, Bigot.

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. Have any of the above posts not been on topic, Remembrance Day?

Or, are you specifically addressing the fact that Don Cherry was fired for noting that all Canadians should wear a poppy? If so, I agree entirely with you.

What wonderful additions to this thread. Talk about a lack of respect. :mad:

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Further on The Bigot bemoaning the complete lack of respect shown to Don Cherry.

Hockey Night In Wokestan

Don Cherry encouraged all Canadians — old timers and newcomers — to buy Remembrance Day poppies.

He did not divide us. He sought to unite us.

You projected your woke divisions onto him. And you fired him on Remembrance Day. Shame you on.https://t.co/Af4PyrJyDp https://t.co/rIbz26RJGa

— Ezra Levant 🍁 (@ezralevant) November 11, 2019​

Just in case you thought there was nothing they could do to make you hate the Multi-Cult more.

That would be a “yes”: Sportsnet is fine with Communist China-controlled Huawei sponsoring Hockey Night in Canada, yet fires Don Cherry? What a disgrace.
The 24/7 Prime Minstrel Media...

...sho' nuff doin' what it do best...

“I have just learned I’ve been fired by Sportsnet for comments made on Coach’s Corner Nov. 9,” Cherry told Joe Warmington in a phone interview.

“No problem.” said Cherry. “I know what I said and I meant it. Everybody in Canada should wear a poppy to honour our fallen soldiers.”
Because Pleasing Your Enemies Does Not Turn Them Into Friends

There is nothing so dangerous as speaking the truth.

Cherry stands by his remarks. “That’s the way I feel and I’m not changing it and I don’t regret a thing,” he said on Newstalk 1010.

“I still feel that everybody in this country that likes our way of life — these beautiful people gave their lives in their 20s and in their teens for our way of life — they should wear a poppy. If that’s offensive, then there’s nothing I can do about it.”

Cherry said nobody said anything about the comments to him before he left the studio Saturday night, and it wasn’t until Sunday that he caught wind of any dissatisfaction from Sportsnet heads. “Sunday I knew they were unhappy, but today was the day they lowered the boom,” he said Monday.​

I didn’t think it was possible to despise the multi-cult agenda more, but I was wrong.

This is what it’s come to: a cynical political strategy devised to create permanent Liberal voting blocks through the wholesale importation of immigrants is now undermining one of the few truly Canadian traditions we all share: the wearing of a poppy — and you’re a hater if you say it out loud.
Beauty!

Rock’m Sock’m Russkies!

“Hey, Don Cherry @CoachsCornerDC,” read the tweet from the club’s verified feed, the lone English-language post from the account this month. “We heard that you were fired. It’s not good! Come to Russia, we need an analyst for Dynamo TV who could talk whatever he thinks. We love old soldiers. And we will make a nice suit! We hope you agree.”
Bold mine.

Job offers already rolling in... :lmao::clap:

FWIW, we've just programmed all our SN channels off.

In addition, on a personal note, I wear a poppy year 'round. I have an embroidered patch sewn on my riding vest.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Look even though I have come to realize that the instigators, sponsors and only winners of every recent war are the banksters and bomb makers, I still wear a poppy from Nov 1-11. I wear it to represent its original post WWI intended message; 'No More War'

·
Premium Member
42,482 Posts
FWIW, we've just programmed all our SN channels off.
Gillette, SportsNetwork, Levis--all on my no-buy list until they unequivocally renounce previous stances.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gillette, SportsNetwork, Levis--all on my no-buy list until they unequivocally renounce previous stances.
More forgiving than me. Once they've PMO, I'm done with them. Period.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts