Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might want to run it past MacDoc first, but sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me... Here are the prices and configs:

Power Mac G5 1.6 GHz
256MB/80GB/SuperDrive/GigE/56K $1,399.00
$1,825 Canadian

Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
512MB/160GB/SuperDrive/GigE/56K $1,699.00
$2,217 Canadian

Power Mac G5 DUAL 2GHz
512MB/160GB/SuperDrive/GigE/56K $2,399.00
$3,130 Canadian

And the link:

Apple Store Link

Edit by Chealion: Shortened link, so as not to wreck formatting of page. Apple Store Links are horrible for being tremendously long. Thanks for the heads up Troutmagnet!

[ January 27, 2004, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...of course, the new models are rumoured to be introduced VERY soon...

:confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Its a very good price. If you want a fast machine, and its fit your budget, I recommend you get one. Otherwise, we can all wait forever for the 'next and best' which will always come out 6 months later. Unless you're on a billion dollar budget to keep up with these things, you have to draw the line somewhere.

·
Registered
194 Posts
no point.

Apple USA will not sell us (Canadians) refurbished unit. US only

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sounds great, but Apple refurbs from Apple Store are only available in US, to US customers. Thought we went through this awhile back, already.

·
Premium Member
30,889 Posts
Now the reality

You will pay NY State sales tax then both taxes coming across the border = $3800. Just the G5 and that's beifre shipping.

or you could get this tonight

Immaculate 17" Apple LCD Studio Display bundled with full warranty Dual 2 gHz G5. Gorgeous and fast $3990 :D

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Jeez Dave, that's a grand off the Apple Store pice :eek:

Wis I had the money for it :( :rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See that's the problem... None of us can afford it, he just likes to dangle those succulent anodized carrots in front of our collective noses - it just upsets us all and makes our wives hate us...

...and you wonder why his surname is 'Hellstern'... hmmm... makes you wonder doesn't it?

David... If I trade in one slightly soiled soul, how much off a 2-Gig dually?

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts