Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learned about the RedEye by ThinkFlood.

With the RedEye system you can use your iPhone or iPod touch to control your TV, stereo, cable box, DVD player, and many other devices that receive standard (infrared) signals.

Video from their site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-TC5uh4j7M

I have the Harmony remote, which I really like, but this perhaps looks even cooler. It also supports multiple AV setups, which is really interesting. Multiple iPhones / iPod Touches can be used as well.

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts
I saw this in the Fairview Apple Store earlier this week...

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$188US? Pricey...
Some dough for a remote for sure, but it's less expensive then most Harmony remotes, and much, much less expensive that many higher end systems for controlling multiple AV setups.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Very neat, not sure about that $200 price tag though. I am also a Harmony user and find it does just about everything I need it to at abut half the price. The multiple setup capability is intriguing though as we use a different remote on each TV. Is that worth the $100? Not sure yet.

I sure would like to see something on the market that supports Bluetooth in addition to infrared though. I have 2 components in my home theater setup that are Bluetooth and it would be ideal to control the whole lot with a single remote.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Interesting, but not at that price... I've been intrigued with a touchscreen remote since the original Philips Pronto came out.

BTW, another Harmony user here as well. I paid $99 for my 659 from Dell a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
20,722 Posts
Here's the Harmony remote (almost exactly as pictued) I got for $70 from Dell:

It operates everything but the toaster--I'm working on that.
+1 for Harmony remotes... :clap: They rock and depending on the model are not expensive at all and still do the job, just with less bells and whistles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts