Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a scandisk that isn't mounting. I believe the data is recoverable. Can anyone recommend software or a company for data recovery? Perhaps something under $50?
Thanks for your feedback.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having checked a few programs I can see that they're all going to run around $100. So what would be your recommendation for a flash drive, containing my iTunes library, recovery program?

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Having checked a few programs I can see that they're all going to run around $100. So what would be your recommendation for a flash drive, containing my iTunes library, recovery program?
They should have demos. When I had an issue I tried out demos and the one that worked was the one I bought. The demos should let you scan and see what is recoverable, then when you actually want to recover that is where you need to pay.

Cannot comment on CubaMarks suggestion but it is free so can't hurt to try!

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts

Is that the only place that you used and kept your iTunes stuff?? Or was it a backup???

Do you have your iTunes library on any other iDevice or any Mac??

Did you use and iCloud backup???

Obviously from my questions, I am wondering if perhaps you still have a current working iTunes library somewhere else that would save you having to do any recovery.

Or for any other data that might be on it that you need to recover.

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts
Last I checked, iCloud didn't back up music. :(

Where did the data on the flash drive originally come from and has the original source been deleted??

I'm assuming it was from one of your IDevices as you posted in the All iOS forum but I don't know how you got it there.

Also was your iTunes library composed mainly of music from Apple's iTunes store?? If so, I understood that such music was recoverable direct from Apple, but I don't know how as I have never purchased any music from their iTunes Store.

- Patrick
======

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still have all of the songs on my iPhone. It would be nice if that could be considered a "backup" when the secondary site, a flash drive, goes south. But alas, it is not so easy to transfer songs, with a nice drag and drop, from the iPhone onto another device. But the beauty of having ones phone "mirror" your computer content is that there is always another copy. I just have to make sure I now do a drag and drop of my flash drive content onto a backup device.
Most of the songs were ripped from cds with only a comparative handful from iTunes.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
I still have all of the songs on my iPhone. It would be nice if that could be considered a "backup" when the secondary site, a flash drive, goes south. But alas, it is not so easy to transfer songs, with a nice drag and drop, from the iPhone onto another device. But the beauty of having ones phone "mirror" your computer content is that there is always another copy. I just have to make sure I now do a drag and drop of my flash drive content onto a backup device.
Most of the songs were ripped from cds with only a comparative handful from iTunes.
I wonder if you subscribed to iTunes match if it would upload from the phone. I use that for my music, costs about $25 for the year and puts all my music in the cloud, even music that is not on iTunes. I have some lectures and things that were personally recorded and they are all stored with iTunes Match.

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts
I still have all of the songs on my iPhone. It would be nice if that could be considered a "backup" when the secondary site, a flash drive, goes south. But alas, it is not so easy to transfer songs, with a nice drag and drop, from the iPhone onto another device.

My advice to you would be too run, don't walk, and download and use the iMazing.app (normally $44.99usd, now $7) that's included in the current bundle available here:
https://bundlehunt.com/?ap_id=macappware

iMazing.app is a Mac iOS device backup and transfer application and more!!! Well worth even its regular price!!

More info and comments here:
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/27830/imazing

PS: There may be some other good Apps in that bundle that you could use as well, and at a bargain price.

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
I have a scandisk that isn't mounting. I believe the data is recoverable. Can anyone recommend software or a company for data recovery? Perhaps something under $50?
Thanks for your feedback.
Have you tried it with different USB ports and different devices (if you have any)?

I find USB ports are not that reliable after many years of use - sometimes I have to insert the flash drive several times or into different ports to get it to mount.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts