Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a way to use my mac (Or other hardware that will connect to my mac) that will allow me to record Phone Conversations?

I am not looking at doing anything shady here, but for some of the video work I may have to do Phone Interviews due to funding, and I would like the highest quality possible.

ThanX

·
Registered
246 Posts
There is this little phone thing that you can buy (RadioShack?) that allows for mic out line. WIth that, you can record your phone conversation on any tape/micro recorder or if you have a Mac with an audio in (like the new eMacs) then you are in business.

If RadioShack doesn't have it, one of those "spy" stores will surely have it.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Beware the audio quality of that little doo-hickey! If you need good quality audio that you can use for broadcast, that ain't gonna cut it.

If you are just using it for notes or transcribing...fine. Otherwise you are going to need a higher end solution.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips, I will check out the radio shack one, but I think I will need higher quality. I called the spy store here in Calgary and they have one for $149, I'm going to go check i tout on Tuesday.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey MacDaddy...get a hold of me...depending on the amount of phone work you have and your budget, I have access to a recording studio with phone capabilities...I'm in Calgary as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where the heck did you find a spy store in Calgary. (Or is it top secret). Sorry bad joke but i had to get it in there. I really do wanna know wheer this spy store is.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a stoer in Calgary called "The Spy Store" I believe it is on 10ave, or mabey 17ave (Its been a LONG time since I have been in that area)

Check it out in the phone book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts