Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was given an old system that had a decent record player with it. I hooked it up to my system and played some old records and it was amazing how awesome my old Lp's sound....I think thier better digital. I guess that makes sense since they still make everything on vinyl in Europe...I saw cold play's x & y on Lp in Kitchener and the guy told me Lp's are bigger than cd's in Europe....

SRV sounds amazing on LP....

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
I was given an old system that had a decent record player with it. I hooked it up to my system and played some old records and it was amazing how awesome my old Lp's sound....I think thier better digital. I guess that makes sense since they still make everything on vinyl in Europe...I saw cold play's x & y on Lp in Kitchener and the guy told me Lp's are bigger than cd's in Europe....

SRV sounds amazing on LP....
Welcome to the club.

Most recordings on vinyl do sound better, they just are not as convenient as digital (CDs). Imagine, MP3s furthermore reduce quality...

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Glad your enjoying it.

I'm tempted to get a record player myself soon. I sold my old when when I moved but i've moved into a bigger place and really want to enjoy my stereo.

The shock of hearing vinyl for the first time can be a bit much, that coupled with people hearing a decent stereo (a long since extinct item) can be pretty intense. Logitech computer speakers are not the be-all and end-all of hi-fi audio :lmao:

·
Registered
340 Posts
The sound from records can be surprisingly pleasant.
I keep using SoundStudio, that came with the Mac, to record my vinyls on my iPod. It removes the clicks and pops, which we are not familiar with anymore and the sound quality is still there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.